• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Terrible to travel considering almost statistically zero chance to catch or spread it. Terrible.

Even assuming you can’t catch or spread it, your girlfriend didn’t have it yet and you were going to USVI with her. That’s socially irresponsible of both of you.

Cata, do you get your antibodies checked before you travel? It’s been several months since you were sick, right?

Yeah no shit I’m miserable. I haven’t seen family in months (and they haven’t seen their only grandkid/new great grand kid) because people want to go to fucking St Thomas instead of staying home. Let alone the government apparently seeing no problems with letting shot girls do their thing during a deadly pandemic.

to be fair, you were miserable before Covid

If you have had the disease before, is it still possible that you could transmit the disease to others if you have recently been exposed? It’s just you wouldn’t get sick because your immune system has the antibodies to fight it.

Even assuming you can’t catch or spread it, your girlfriend didn’t have it yet and you were going to USVI with her. That’s socially irresponsible of both of you.

Visitors to USVI have to have an antigen test within five days of travel or an antibody test within 4 months and I assume his GF has had multiple opportunities to catch COVID from him.

Would you like to elaborate on what you know about this girl to assume she is a STI carrying skank?

Please old white guy elaborate on your judgment of women.

Well 1) she’s willing to date a guy like you, so zero standards. And 2) as a shot girl, it’s even odds she sucking a dick or two after (or during) her shift.

Well 1) she’s willing to date a guy like you, so zero standards. And 2) as a shot girl, it’s even odds she sucking a dick or two after (or during) her shift.

1. That’s a legit fair point

2. Really? how many shot girls were you out there banging during their shift on your night out player?

I think it would probably be a good overall ogb standard to leave porter’s significant others out of the overall shit talk, and this is coming from a guy who is ok with the fact that his mother is apparently servicing around 3/4’s of the board.

I think it would probably be a good overall ogb standard to leave porter’s significant others out of the overall shit talk, and this is coming from a guy who is ok with the fact that his mother is apparently servicing around 3/4’s of the board.

Agreed. There are plenty of reasons to call out Catamount without bringing his girlfriend into it.

Aren’t we talking about the same person?

We traveled to St. John in Oct. with 4 other couples. I have never felt safer. Everyone on the flight had a negative test. People on the island were super diligent and safe - at the time there had only been like two cases on the whole island. The only sketchy part was traveling through airports and we just tried to stay away from others, obviously wore masks at all times, and used a crap ton of hand sanitizer.

On the island we got a lot of takeout, cooked at home, wore masks anytime we were inside (people would yell at you if you didn't), and spent a lot of time on the beaches and hiking outside. We ate at a restaurant twice and sat outside both times.

We behave similarly here - eat takeout, eat outside if at a restaurant, wear masks in public, etc. - but we have not quarantined ourselves to an extreme level or avoided all interactions. To me, the only way to be careful long term is to strike a balance that you are personally comfortable with.

Two of the ten of us had covid months before the trip. Nobody got sick and none of us have gotten sick since.

I told before that my daughter had covid back in May or June. She got tested the other day and still has antibodies - so that is a good sign for how long they last.

We’re talking with my parents about showing up at the same time at my Grandmother’s to drop off gifts and talk through her door, while keeping distanced from each other. So everyone who feels they should travel wherever and whenever... cool.

My parents dropped by today for a couple hours to drop off some handmade Christmas presents for my kids. We wore masks the whole time, zero physical contact and talked outside on my deck when it was 45. And that’s probably the last time I’ll see them for like half a year unless we head to some tropical island that slaps I guess.

To me, the only way to be careful long term is to strike a balance that you are personally comfortable with.

Look I’m sorry but when everyone’s comfort level spans from rational precautions and behavior to “this is fake” or “not that bad yolo” that’s never gonna be enough.

Back