• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Trying to find a link that more or less says vaccination reduces transmission, but coming up mostly blank. My brother is a ridiculously fit person who got antibodies a long time ago, but never felt anything covid related while he had it. He figures he doesn't need the vaccine because the virus didn't effect him. You can guess who he voted for, but there doesn't seem to be much out there saying that vaccination reduces transmission. LK had a link/post on 2/23 that sort of said it, but also sort of didn't say it.

Trying to find a link that more or less says vaccination reduces transmission, but coming up mostly blank. My brother is a ridiculously fit person who got antibodies a long time ago, but never felt anything covid related while he had it. He figures he doesn't need the vaccine because the virus didn't effect him. You can guess who he voted for, but there doesn't seem to be much out there saying that vaccination reduces transmission. LK had a link/post on 2/23 that sort of said it, but also sort of didn't say it.

Antibodies are antibodies, bruh. Your brother is kinda right here.

aren't the non-J&J ones pretty different with mRNA manipulations of the spike protein (or something like that) whereas J&J is more like the traditional dead antibody type?

Just got shot one of Pfizer this afternoon. So far so good.

My coworker gave me the tip to take max dose of Tylenol and ibuprofen before going to bed the day I got my second dose and I didn’t feel too bad.

I've read up on this a little bit and that is not a recommended course of action as it may suppress reaction to the vaccine and make it less effective, but of course they don't know for sure.

I've read up on this a little bit and that is not a recommended course of action as it may suppress reaction to the vaccine and make it less effective, but of course they don't know for sure.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html

Helpful tips
Talk to your doctor about taking over-the-counter medicine, such as ibuprofen, acetaminophen, aspirin, or antihistamines, for any pain and discomfort you may experience after getting vaccinated. You can take these medications to relieve post-vaccination side effects if you have no other medical reasons that prevent you from taking these medications normally.

It is not recommended you take these medicines before vaccination for the purpose of trying to prevent side effects.

So yeah, don't take them before the vaccination. But if you feel like crap afterwards it's fine to take them.

Smallest kiddo is in daycare and they have all kinds of information around activities that would exclude you from attending until after a quarantine period. Cannot tell if her siblings returning to in-person school excludes her from attending, or if her daycare rules mean they would have to keep going with online instruction (which is an option).

Pretty much every aspect of this has been a massive clusterfuck.

On my vaccine card, it says my second shot was ACC. :)

I got it at Wake Forest's Anaheim Convention Center.

Just got shot one of Pfizer this afternoon. So far so good.

How’d you get your phaccine appointment? I’ve tried pretty much all online and phone options today and everywhere’s slammed or otherwise fully scheduled.

How’d you get your phaccine appointment? I’ve tried pretty much all online and phone options today and everywhere’s slammed or otherwise fully scheduled.

I went to the Union County Department of Social Services. I called for an appointment yesterday and she put me right in. Lots of people seemed to be getting shots who didn't have appointments though. The number I called was 704-292-2550. I was having trouble getting an appointment on their website, but here's the link. Looks like they're full now but I'm sure more will open up.

https://ucphcoviddose5.as.me/HHS-1stdose

Also, and probably the best way to find availability almost anywhere in the state is to follow Joe Bruno on Twitter: @JoeBrunoWSOC9

You might also want to pre-register at Walgreens and CVS so that you can move quickly through the website.

Everyone on the boards have gotten vaccinated. No one I know IRL has cause CA has to hold 40% of the supply back for the poors.

Back