• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

We are getting our first shot at Walgreens tomorrow.

A very large percentage of my neighbors (here in W-S) have been vaccinated in Davie County. Ridiculous surpluses, no registration, often little to no wait.

My folks in wake county had to go over to Johnston County to get vaccinated in a much more timely fashion. Rural counties are your friend with this stuff

I really thought the point of vaccination was to reduce transmission. Otherwise, what is the point? Young people survive it at like a 99.99% rate basically without the vaccine, no?

If all the vaccine does for low-risk people is turn 99.99% into 100%, then what is the point in tying opening up to vaccination? If getting the vaccine meant you couldn't spread it, then it would make more sense.

Plenty of people don’t survive it at like 99.9%. And there are many outcomes beside death that can be avoided by vaccination.

On top of that, vaccination makes it harder for new possibly more lethal variants to form.

I really thought the point of vaccination was to reduce transmission. Otherwise, what is the point? Young people survive it at like a 99.99% rate basically without the vaccine, no?

If all the vaccine does for low-risk people is turn 99.99% into 100%, then what is the point in tying opening up to vaccination? If getting the vaccine meant you couldn't spread it, then it would make more sense.

I think it does reduce transmission but they won't just say it because they don't trust people with that info

Yeah, it’s going to reduce transmission in a 80%+ range in the fully vaccinated 2 weeks after population. Juice is correct a huge take away for the American population is that they can’t handle the truth because they won’t be responsible with it. Same thing with vaccination and travel requirements.

It use to be cool to be vaccinated now it’s just olds, fatties, and Biffs.

Totally. When I got vaccinated 3 months ago it seemed elite. Now, even Biff is vaccinated? Lame. I might just get my microchip removed.

Fuck y'all. They sought me out for vaccination because I'm a national treasure.

Fuck y'all. They sought me out for vaccination because I'm a national treasure.

I would’ve thought national treasures would’ve been sought after way before they open it up to smokers.

Mother in law got the shot yesterday in Lexington. No Guilford County appointments available, but she found one in Davidson County.

For guilford, it seems like going through Cone>Walgreens>health department as far as finding availability.

Heard good things about the FEMA site at 4 seasons as well.

Yeah, it’s going to reduce transmission in a 80%+ range in the fully vaccinated 2 weeks after population. Juice is correct a huge take away for the American population is that they can’t handle the truth because they won’t be responsible with it. Same thing with vaccination and travel requirements.

Are there links for this 80% reduction in transmission stat? I have looked for articles on this, and haven't found much of anything. I definitely have not seen something suggesting an 80% effectiveness.

The most I have seen are links that say that the viral load is more quickly lower for people that have been vaccinated, and that this could lead to less transmission because the higher viral loads are more easily spread.

Back