• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

The doctors who aren't recommending the vaccine are a big part of the problem. You'd think medical professionals would have some ability to assess risk.

Dr Medical Professional,

A Professor of Gender Studies on the internet informed me you aren't qualified to asses risks and give me appropriate medical advice.

Haha, do you even read these threads? He's answered this question a dozen times.

Answer: yes, when he's off-duty from Wellman's Athletic Department

Damn two full time jobs.

And no I have not read all 6000 posts on this thread.

There's no fucking way 2&2 believes the vaccines don't work.

Yeah, it’s a shitty tiresome act. It’s one step from the Republicans and conservative media that do the same thing while doing the exact opposite of what they are preaching to everyone else. Luckily 2&2 has zero power and zero people listening to him.

What data make you think the COVID vaccines don’t work?

I mean, you're the one on here telling vaxxed people to mask up, not eat indoors, and go get a booster. If that is your definition of working, then we have different definitions.

I mean, you're the one on here telling vaxxed people to mask up, not eat indoors, and go get a booster. If that is your definition of working, then we have different definitions.

If the dipshits in this country would get vaccinated we wouldn’t need to do those things. But because a bunch of assholes on Facebook who peaked in high school think they’re smarter than people who have dedicated their lives to researching this we have to continue to do those things to protect those dumb motherfuckers from themselves. Personally, I have no problem with this virus wiping them out. But it’s the people like TK’s dad or my 3 week old that also suffer because of a bunch of selfish pricks.

The post below yours makes a good point about why we still have to do those things. But, I would also ask whether you include keeping people that do experience a break-through case out of the hospital as part of the definition of the vaccines "working". Because they do a very good job of that and I do consider that "working".

If the dipshits in this country would get vaccinated we wouldn’t need to do those things. But because a bunch of assholes on Facebook who peaked in high school think they’re smarter than people who have dedicated their lives to researching this we have to continue to do those things to protect those dumb motherfuckers from themselves. Personally, I have no problem with this virus wiping them out. But it’s the people like TK’s dad or my 3 week old that also suffer because of a bunch of selfish pricks.

I get your point, but that societal wave is a different discussion than whether or not the vaccine worked for the recipient. I am more than willing to say that I have no interest in protecting other people from themselves. But if, as the recipient, I still have to take take measures to ensure that I don't get it and/or spread it, then to me it didn't work. Is it better than nothing in the same way that other mitigation factors are? Sure, shoot me up. Does it work? No.

Scooter's point is similar. The chances of me getting hospitalized without the vaccine were slim to none. But I could still get it and spread it. The chances of me getting hospitalized with the vaccine are still slim to none. And apparently I can still get it and spread it. So do I consider that working? Eh, not really.

I hope everyone can take Covid vaccines as a lesson on what happens when as a society a large enough group of people reject getting vaccinated. Guess what the majority of vaccines “work” the same as the covid vaccine, if there was high level spread of say measles there would be breakthrough measles cases, breakthrough polio, and so forth. It’s what happens when pretty much every interaction in public means there’s a high likelihood you are being exposed.

I get your point, but that societal wave is a different discussion than whether or not the vaccine worked for the recipient. I am more than willing to say that I have no interest in protecting other people from themselves. But if, as the recipient, I still have to take take measures to ensure that I don't get it and/or spread it, then to me it didn't work. Is it better than nothing in the same way that other mitigation factors are? Sure, shoot me up. Does it work? No.

Scooter's point is similar. The chances of me getting hospitalized without the vaccine were slim to none. But I could still get it and spread it. The chances of me getting hospitalized with the vaccine are still slim to none. And apparently I can still get it and spread it. So do I consider that working? Eh, not really.

this is from a guy that considers the most recent Charlotte Hornets season a success

the chances of me dying when driving around not wearing a seatbelt are slim to none

the chances of me dying when driving around wearing my seatbelt are slim to none

NOTHING HAS CHANGED

The chances of me getting hospitalized without the vaccine were slim to none

Yeah that’s what they all say until they end up on a ventilator near death. I’d say making it a near certainly that won’t happen is worth taking the vaccine. Which you did, but now you are oddly trolling about whether it “worked” to your specifications which who cares what you think anyway.

I’ll care a lot less about the numbskulls once my kids can get vaccinated. I really don’t care about them now anyway but they’re clogging medical resources and making many folks’ lives a living hell for simple selfish stubbornness. Pretty shitty way to be.

I say this as someone who is typically fairly balanced on the red versus blue thing, but you should probably be euthanized.

New update from Pfizer trial folks:

Hello all,

As the FDA is currently looking at the possibility of approving a third booster dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, I wanted to give you a quick update on Pfizer’s plans for the COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial.

Pfizer has informed us that should the FDA approve a booster dose, Pfizer will amend the protocol to allow us to provide a booster to any study participant who desires a booster dose.

They are making the necessary protocol amendments to allow this to occur in a timely fashion.

At this point we do not know when the FDA will make a decision or when everything will be in place for the clinical trial participants to begin receiving the booster. I will keep you up to date as I have more information.

Thanks to everyone for your active participation in this clinical development program. It has only been through your continued engagement that we have been able to see the remarkable advances that have occurred over the last year. By receiving a booster dose through the trial, you will continue to provide critical data which will guide our understanding of COVID-19 and the protection provided by the vaccine.

We've been over this before. He is an AD plant, and Welman's human shield.

Several decades ago the WF athletic department foresaw the potential for internet rage, and they knew it could take many forms. They approached me with a proposal - go to medical school, residency, and fellowship; read and occasionally respond on a message board (which will likely take several forms over the upcoming decades); and in return, they would move me up 5 spots on the Deacon Club list. I obviously took the offer and never looked back.

Back