• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I’ll render a medical opinion on Palma’s friend, his doctor his probably a fucking crazy Lyme doctor that is some Lyme truther prescribing antibiotics for 3 years and body cleanses

all I know is he's on some experimental trial treatment for MS or something and they recommended he not get the vaccine. but good to know his doctor sucks at evaluating risk, I guess?

Last edited:
Is the treatment an actual experimental clinical trial with cohorts or measuring outcomes of the treatment? If so there’s a reason they didn’t want him vaccinated and it’s not about patient safety and a very ethical grey area.

Is the treatment an actual experimental clinical trial with cohorts or measuring outcomes of the treatment? If so there’s a reason they didn’t want him vaccinated and it’s not about patient safety and a very ethical grey area.

i have literally no idea

55+ yo dad (Tampa) with MS just confirmed positive

didn't get vaccinated on doctor's recommendation due to MS

fuck this

Sorry to hear this.

MS is not a contraindication to the COVID vaccine. Some MS treatments suppress the immune system, so people don't respond as strongly to the vaccine, but those individuals should still get vaccinated. In fact, that is the group that is currently approved for a third shot booster.

I've got a friend with Lyme that similarly has his doctors not recommending the vaccine, and I'm headed to his 40th Bday party in a couple weeks. Hard to know in some of these cases.

Lyme disease is not a contraindication to the COVID vaccine. There are very few contraindications to the vaccine.

it would be cool if all of the able bodied, healthy adults that should get the vaccine without any issues just got it so we wouldn't force people with autoimmune issues to make a difficult choice

Just gonna float the notion that all these post saying the TKs dad should have gotten vaxxed despite his drs recommendations probably aren’t all the helpful to TK.

it would be cool if all of the able bodied, healthy adults that should get the vaccine without any issues just got it so we wouldn't force people with autoimmune issues to make a difficult choice

People with autoimmune diseases should get the COVID vaccine, it just may not work as well for them.

Just gonna float the notion that all these post saying the TKs dad should have gotten vaxxed despite his drs recommendations probably aren’t all the helpful to TK.

Good point. It sucks for TK and his/her dad.

I commented so people reading this know there are very few contraindications to the COVID vaccine, in case someone reading this, or their family member, had not yet been vaccinated for a similar reason.

Based on some quick google searches, it seems like one of those things where 4 in 5 doctors would recommend getting the vaccine. Your dad may have that 5th doctor. That's why I mentioned risk. I'm sure there are risks either way, but I have a tough time believing the risks from the vaccine for someone with MS are worse than the risks of getting COVID.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/c...sis-and-coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-guidance

https://www.everydayhealth.com/mult...ow-about-the-covid-19-vaccine-if-you-have-ms/

You're fucking retarded. A week ago, I told you to get checked. Do what you do best and check yourself.

2and2 is definitely that guy on the titanic bragging loudly about the unsinkability and then shoving kids out of the way to jump on the first boat out.

Good point. It sucks for TK and his/her dad.

I commented so people reading this know there are very few contraindications to the COVID vaccine, in case someone reading this, or their family member, had not yet been vaccinated for a similar reason.

Are you a doctor Rafi?

Back