• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

My 70+year old mother-in-law isn't worried about it. She says it's part of God's plan and it's in His hands. I told her God gave her a brain and planned on her using it.

I'm married to an only child, so I'm like the smartass kid she never had.

Melissa Etherridge is doing shows from her home every day at 3PM (I didn't catch if it was EDT or PDT) on Facebook live.

Please find out so I can go hang out on Facebook.

Thanks Boomer !

It's so surreal walking around downtown (I live in a small town just outside Charlotte). All bars and restaurants are closed, we have a bottle shop about two miles from our house and you can still buy beer to go but it's just an odd feeling walking around knowing you could contract Covid and not even know it. It's like some invisible enemy you can't see

Got an e-mail that Duke is still paying all staff (including contract workers) through the end of May. Anyone know if Wake has made a similar announcement?

My 70+year old mother-in-law isn't worried about it. She says it's part of God's plan and it's in His hands. I told her God gave her a brain and planned on her using it.

I'm married to an only child, so I'm like the smartass kid she never had.

lol

Got an e-mail that Duke is still paying all staff (including contract workers) through the end of May. Anyone know if Wake has made a similar announcement?

I know one guy they’re paying a lot of money.

If Hatch isn’t paying all staff, he probably doesn’t want to pay some guy $15M to not work.

UNC no longer pretending classes will resume on campus. Scheduling students to move out.

Using visual aids to demonstrate the importance of good hand washing and not touching your face

media

So if we had a time machine to go back to when this initially started in China, regardless of what the Chinese do (initially deny, punish whistle blowers), would the world just isolate China? Put everyone traveling from China (directly, indirectly) in quarantine until all travel cut off? Obviously, our leaders needed to take it more seriously, too. This is more of a procedure question than a political one.

So if we had a time machine to go back to when this initially started in China, regardless of what the Chinese do (initially deny, punish whistle blowers), would the world just isolate China? Put everyone traveling from China (directly, indirectly) in quarantine until all travel cut off? Obviously, our leaders needed to take it more seriously, too. This is more of a procedure question than a political one.

science-vs-fiction-world-war-z-nuclear-bomb-130620-670x440.jpg

Back