• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Ok, that's unfortunate. But since that's clearly not true everywhere, perhaps you shouldn't write in such a way that implies all CVSs are out of stock. I don't think you and io live in the same city.

The only implication is that 3 CVS’s I personally visited in the last week were all sold out. I made no representations beyond that.

Yes, that's concerning and not surprising.

But "all tests are sold out" implies that all tests are sold out.

Good luck, io!

This seems like a silly thing to argue about, and for that I'm sorry

I think it's maintaining the (perfect progressive) present tense in a dependant clause that got me. Usually you'd switch to past there

I have decided to do my best and move on from the pandemic. Get vaccinated, get your booster (as I have) hope for the best and follow the advice of your primary physician.
I will continue to mask when asked and be conscious of others who have been affected. And I will get tested and isolate if, and only if I feel like total shit.
I also know that many others in the work force must be much more diligent.
I understand that this sounds flip and I honestly feel for the thousands who are testing positive and feeling lousy.
Also the plethora of others (almost always unvaccinated) who are needing more urgent medical care.
But I will no longer live my life and be afraid of this f'in virus. We're going to New Years festivities at the Club and celebrate what we all hope will be a better (and safer) 2022.
I wish everyone a safe and healthy 2022 as well.
F COVID.

Last edited:
I have decided to do my best and move on from the pandemic. Get vaccinated, get your booster (as I have) hope for the best and follow the advice of your primary physician.
I will continue to mask when asked and be conscious of others who have been affected. And I will get tested and isolate if, and only if I feel like total shit.
I understand that this sounds flip and I honestly feel for the thousands who are testing positive and feeling lousy.
Also the plethora of others (almost always unvaccinated) who are needing more urgent medical care.
But I will no longer live my life and be afraid of this f'in virus. We're going to New Years festivities at the Club and celebrate what we all hope will be a better (and safer) 2022.
F COVID.

I agree with this and if I didn’t have an unvaccinated 3 year old and a 5 month old (who likely has antibodies from her mom) I’d be doing the same thing.

I agree with this and if I didn’t have an unvaccinated 3 year old and a 5 month old (who likely has antibodies from her mom) I’d be doing the same thing.

yeah, we're like 75% of the way there as well. the 5.5yo is vaccinated but the 2 year old at home makes it tougher

yeah, we're like 75% of the way there as well. the 5.5yo is vaccinated but the 2 year old at home makes it tougher

That’s kind of where we will be at after we finish the last of our holiday traveling to see grandparents. Five-year-old is vaxxed, but don’t want the three-year-old to pick up anything that he could give to somebody

It’s looking like we will probably try and get a refund for our Gator Bowl tickets.

See I think that’s why changing things always confused people, it’s 5 days with the caveat if at the 5th day you are asymptomatic. Then wear a mask if around others for 5 additional days. If you are unvaccinated or 6 months vaccinated with no booster and exposed it is isolate for 5 days and wear a mask for 5 additional days. If you are vaccinated and boosted it’s if exposed wear a mask for 10 days. We are an uneducated extremely dumb society, nuance is not a strong suit.

But also (to further your point) I'm way overeducated and read and listen to news all day long, and I can't keep straight what were supposed to be doing at any given time

This seems like a silly thing to argue about, and for that I'm sorry

I think it's maintaining the (perfect progressive) present tense in a dependant clause that got me. Usually you'd switch to past there

How useless is whatever it is you study if you can't understand what people mean when everyone else can?

See I think that’s why changing things always confused people, it’s 5 days with the caveat if at the 5th day you are asymptomatic. Then wear a mask if around others for 5 additional days. If you are unvaccinated or 6 months vaccinated with no booster and exposed it is isolate for 5 days and wear a mask for 5 additional days. If you are vaccinated and boosted it’s if exposed wear a mask for 10 days. We are an uneducated extremely dumb society, nuance is not a strong suit.

but isn't it really just changing to allow employees to return to work faster?

How useless is whatever it is you study if you can't understand what people mean when everyone else can?
(I don't do grammar or communication(s) or whatever this is)

I read into imprecise statements all of the possible significations. Just because you understood what he meant doesn't mean the next guy would do. I knew, obviously, what he intended but the tone and weird construction may have confused another reader.

This kind of thing is interesting to me sort of like you are interested in trolling.

F COVID.

+1000 I'm triple vaccinated with a breakthrough case of COVID sandwiched in between. I'm going to live my life. If people have made the choice not to be vaccinated, that is on them. I'm also not going to be held hostage by Chicken Littles, either.

but isn't it really just changing to allow employees to return to work faster?

For the most part yes but I’m sure it will be interpreted to mean what people want it to mean, 5 days and done no matter what a test or symptoms may say otherwise.

FWIW, it does seem to actually follow some science -- seems like all signs point to infection and contagious window being much shorter for Omicron

My wife has one nephew (21 yo) who refuses to get the vaccine. Christmas day we said he could come over but we would give him a rapid test in the driveway - my wife's elderly parents can't risk being exposed plus my 2 mo granddaughter obviously isn't vaccinated. Lo and behold he turned up positive. He didn't believe it so we repeated the test - he did that one himself and you could see that he didn't stick it very far up his nose - still showed up positive. So we waved to him, said Merry Christmas, and he went home. Hated to do it but he did it to himself... His father rode over with him (an hour in the car) so he went home too. The dad tested negative.
The dad started feeling bad last night, got tested today and is positive... He feels better today but still not 100%. The nephew never had any symptoms.

Back