• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

We moved it to December, don't want to risk it plus we miraculously lined up all the same vendors and venues and that day worked best for all parties.

Good going...the first couple of weeks of December are among the cheapest times to fly and stay at hotels.

It is really disconcerting to not know when the other side of this is/what that looks like. I feel like it will be a hard psych reset for a lot of people, and I wonder what the lasting effects will be on peoples' behavior.

It is really disconcerting to not know when the other side of this is/what that looks like. I feel like it will be a hard psych reset for a lot of people, and I wonder what the lasting effects will be on peoples' behavior.
We just got back from the grocery store and maybe I was just projecting but you could feel the tension. There was hardly anything left in the produce section, meat was almost all gone, canned goods too.

All I know is you better get your girl, Evangeline.

my 16 year-old sister is not taking the social distancing advice seriously and doesn't understand why she can't hang out with her friends

anyone use any good resources, preferably video, that show why it is important without being too anxiety-inducing for a teenager?

my 16 year-old sister is not taking the social distancing advice seriously and doesn't understand why she can't hang out with her friends

anyone use any good resources, preferably video, that show why it is important without being too anxiety-inducing for a teenager?

If you google "Washington post infection simulator" it is really, really helpful to show the benefit/reason for social distancing, especially if the person has heard "flatten the curve" but doesn't really 'get it' in practice.

*edit to add: this was really helpful for my 12yo stepson to understand what we're hoping to achieve, so assuming 16yr old is reasonably intelligent hopefully it helps.

We just got back from the grocery store and maybe I was just projecting but you could feel the tension. There was hardly anything left in the produce section, meat was almost all gone, canned goods too.

Same here. Spent a good hour and a half in the grocery store this afternoon in MA and you could sense the fear. Very few people were talking to each other and everyone was laser-focused on getting their shit (myself included). A lot of people were wearing gloves and masks.

It was one of the more unsettling experiences I’ve ever had.

But think about all the tacos he was going to give away. Every Tuesday.

Got to think part of the motivation for Disney to shut down on Sunday was the horrible press they’d get if someone died after visiting there and they were still open.

Nah. Haven’t been in a month or so.

My son is going around the house talking about the pranks he’s going to pull on April Fools. Lord help us.

Same here. Spent a good hour and a half in the grocery store this afternoon in MA and you could sense the fear. Very few people were talking to each other and everyone was laser-focused on getting their shit (myself included). A lot of people were wearing gloves and masks.

It was one of the more unsettling experiences I’ve ever had.

Yeah I have suggested to my wife to be extra patient with me when I get back from the store. By then I’m a great mixture of being pissed off at humanity plus neurotic about what the hell I was exposed to.

Nah. Haven’t been in a month or so.

My son is going around the house talking about the pranks he’s going to pull on April Fools. Lord help us.

like suggesting a playground hangout?

Our grocery store was all re-stocked today and supplies looked pretty normal. The only thing that was picked-over was bread. They have put limits on how many you can buy of some things.

Back