• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Are you mask people better be wearing masks a lot the next few days because everybody’s gonna be looking funny at you if you do it past next week.

Yeah, I'll keep wearing my mask until I can get my son vaccinated. Thanks for the concern.

Was out and about this weekend for the first time in a long time and it felt very pre-pandemic. It was nice to see.

Seems like this should non politically get the rubes to take a shot

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgmb97/covid-19-testicles-damage?utm_source=reddit.com

Hamsters’ Testicles Shrink After Being Infected With COVID, Study Finds

What researchers found was an “acute decrease” in sperm count and testosterone levels four to seven days post-infection in unvaccinated hamsters. Meanwhile, “damage” to the testicular tissue—including inflammation, degeneration, and necrosis—was observed as early as a week after infection and persisted in the sample collected on Day 120.

Testicular size and weight were also found to be reduced after infection. Hamsters that were vaccinated against the virus did not exhibit testicular damage.

Seems like this should non politically get the rubes to take a shot

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgmb97/covid-19-testicles-damage?utm_source=reddit.com

Hamsters’ Testicles Shrink After Being Infected With COVID, Study Finds

"Yo, lab assistant Yang, check the size of that hamster's nuts for me. Yeah really get after that. I don't know what the goal of our research is, I just know that the Jews that control everything said that we need to do this research."

*Author's note: I'm not antisemitic enough to remember what the derogatory short-form word for the Jews that control everything is.

p excited to have had a second opportunity to plug So I Married An Axe Murderer around here in a month

So I started to feel a bit funky Monday night after dinner, precisely two days since my night out and busy, sociable Saturday. It was weird because I had really bad stomach cramps without the normally accompanying shits. Those came yesterday along with a fever. Fine today, so probably not Covid. There's some stomach bug floating around too which I thought I had already, but maybe not. Those cramps were weird though. I can't recall anything like that before, and I've had the shits in some bona fide shithole countries before.

Mask Mandate gone in LA on Friday (in a place that checks/requires vaccinations), thank god I don't have to deal with it at work anymore

So I started to feel a bit funky Monday night after dinner, precisely two days since my night out and busy, sociable Saturday. It was weird because I had really bad stomach cramps without the normally accompanying shits. Those came yesterday along with a fever. Fine today, so probably not Covid. There's some stomach bug floating around too which I thought I had already, but maybe not. Those cramps were weird though. I can't recall anything like that before, and I've had the shits in some bona fide shithole countries before.

Norovirus is having a solid run right now.

USPS will bring you Covid test kits. You should get them and use one. Or get tested another way.

USPS will bring you Covid test kits. You should get them and use one. Or get tested another way.

I have some laying around. Easier to send my wife to CVS to pick up a few than it is to rely on USPS. She had Covid recently, so I'm not worried about her getting it again from me if I were to have it. Regardless, I've felt fine for 2 days. Doubt it's The Rona, and wouldn't be inclined to test for it until tonight anyway, which would be 4 days after initial symptoms started.

And as 2&2 said, I could just proceed as normal. I've had little bugs a few times during this, similar symptoms each time, never Covid-- even when I had about a day with a 103 temp. Having a kid in daycare tends to expose you to kid crud that's going around.

Or he could just proceed on with life after feeling slightly under the weather for a day.

The point of the free tests is to provide data so individuals can make informed decisions and decrease the spread of COVID. If one has infectious symptoms and tests positive, then they can consider treatment (if they are high risk) and they can alter their behavior so they decrease the risk of spreading it to others. Fortunately, COVID cases and hospitalizations are falling fast, but we still average about 2000 COVID deaths per day in the US, which is obviously really high (the third leading cause of death). A simple home test, which can decrease the spread of COVID, is a smart approach.

The point of the free tests is to provide data so individuals can make informed decisions and decrease the spread of COVID. If one has infectious symptoms and tests positive, then they can consider treatment (if they are high risk) and they can alter their behavior so they decrease the risk of spreading it to others. Fortunately, COVID cases and hospitalizations are falling fast, but we still average about 2000 COVID deaths per day in the US, which is obviously really high (the third leading cause of death). A simple home test, which can decrease the spread of COVID, is a smart approach.

Not when policy decisions are made by "positive cases" and "positivity rates" instead of "people who are actually sick". If you aren't sick, don't be part of the milkwich.

Not when policy decisions are made by "positive cases" and "positivity rates" instead of "people who are actually sick". If you aren't sick, don't be part of the milkwich.

I don't follow this. I'm not talking about policy decisions. I'm talking about individuals with infectious symptoms using rapid tests to inform themselves regarding treatment options and taking steps to prevent the spread of COVID.

Last edited:
Back