• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

“COVID-19 Activates Gay Gene, Shrinks Testicles” headline could have increased vaccinations. Oh well.

But seriously, people are rethinking their lives during the pandemic. Sexuality plays into that as well especially since a lot of people stopped dating or only dated virtually for awhile.

That happened to a woman I know. She divorced her ex-husband around the start of the pandemic, started posting about being a single mom and wellness, came out as a lesbian a few months later, announced she was dating someone last year, and married her a few weeks ago.

It's not March 2020. We have had more than a year now to get vaccinated. If people are not vaccinated, they have assumed the risk that comes with that. Life moves on. More people will die and I don't blame our politicians for that. It's endemic, and until it does become more like a flu, it should be addressed like it was with all those terrorism levels that people used to joke about after 9/11 because they thought it was some weirdo method to keep us under governmental control. If you have a local rise above a certain level in Covid cases, you get some kind of color coded warning related to it. It lets people and businesses make their own decisions and life goes on.

Said this a month ago. I guess the CDC reads OGBoards.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/covid-by-county.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/02/28/covid-cases-nationwide/

More than 140 million Americans have had the coronavirus, according to estimates from blood tests that reveal antibodies from infection — about double the rate regularly cited by national case counts.

The estimates, compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, show that about 43 percent of the country has been infected by the virus. The study shows that the majority of children have also been infected.

It estimated that 58 percent of children up to age 11 have antibodies from natural infection, along with the same share of children age 12 to 17.

Just under half of adults up to 49 have been infected, the CDC estimates. The rate drops to 37 percent for people 50 to 64 and 23 percent of people 65 or older.

This is what we're talking about when we suggest some of you people lose some weight so you won't die of Covid.

Also, get vaccinated, like I'm sure Wolfgang has done.

This is what we're talking about when we suggest some of you people lose some weight so you won't die of Covid.

Also, get vaccinated, like I'm sure Wolfgang has done.

his body, not his choice

There was just a study released that said the 4th dose doesn't really do much.

Personally, I'd rather they tweak the doses like they do with the flu since the virus has morphed considerably. At some point, my body's immune response triggered by multiple doses of the same vaccine is not going to be the correct response against whatever variant is the dominant one at the moment. Omicron pretty much ignored the vaccines entirely, so at this point we're hinging on hospitalization rates and deaths. At some point, those numbers are bound to be inadequate too. Nobody would've gotten a boner over 13% effectiveness for a new vax, which I think it was against omicron.

Regardless, I'm just happy restrictions have been largely lifted, things are relatively normal, and we've yet to see any serious spikes.

There was just a study released that said the 4th dose doesn't really do much.

Personally, I'd rather they tweak the doses like they do with the flu since the virus has morphed considerably. At some point, my body's immune response triggered by multiple doses of the same vaccine is not going to be the correct response against whatever variant is the dominant one at the moment. Omicron pretty much ignored the vaccines entirely, so at this point we're hinging on hospitalization rates and deaths. At some point, those numbers are bound to be inadequate too. Nobody would've gotten a boner over 13% effectiveness for a new vax, which I think it was against omicron.

Regardless, I'm just happy restrictions have been largely lifted, things are relatively normal, and we've yet to see any serious spikes.

Doesn't the spike in europe suggest we're a couple weeks away?

Back