• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-WF Bowl Ticket Sales

ClemTech's fans are melting down because they are nowhere close to selling their 17,500 allottment to the OB. I just had to stoke the flames of the meltdown a little on their board by pointing out that even LOWF soldout our allottment for th '07 bowl. Some rube on there said that we benefited by not having to play on a Wednesday.....yeah okay...a Tuesday game was so much better for ticket sales.

The Clemson travels well BS is a myth. I was at the Tire Bowl last year and they had no more than 20K at that game.

Has Clemson ever been to a BCS bowl? You'd think they'd do better than that.

They have not. Maybe that's just a little too far from the trailer park to travel.

Lol at the idea that Clemson doesn't travel well.......we will see what the stadium looks like on gameday.

Virginia Chick-Fil-A bowl update as of yesterday for those that didn't see my post in the other thread.

20111212BOWL_01.jpg

That's a better turn out than I would expect for a 6-6 Clemson team with a very divided fan base. You should post a pic of the ACCCG.

Not applicable, but that was the best shot of the stadium I could find on a quick google search.

As of Monday Clemson has sold 7,000 of their 17,500 allotment and their tickets are now on sale to the public.

Redneck fan travel reputation is taking a big hit. VT, WVU and Clemson not looking good.

Michigan, Oregon, Stanford, Wisconsin and Oklahoma State have sold out their allotment.

As of Monday Clemson has sold 7,000 of their 17,500 allotment and their tickets are now on sale to the public.

Redneck fan travel reputation is taking a big hit. VT, WVU and Clemson not looking good.

Michigan, Oregon, Stanford, Wisconsin and Oklahoma State have sold out their allotment.

This is actually pretty surprising/impressive to me. They are heading to the Rose Bowl, where they just were. They also had the Big 10 CG which many thought would deter people from travelling again during the bowls. And from the perspective of the Wisconsin fans, they see this year as being a disappointment.

This is actually pretty surprising/impressive to me. They are heading to the Rose Bowl, where they just were. They also had the Big 10 CG which many thought would deter people from travelling again during the bowls. And from the perspective of the Wisconsin fans, they see this year as being a disappointment.

I'm not quite so surprised. The entire state loves that team, and Wisconsin's pretty die-hard about every one of their teams. Except the Bucks, of course.

NC State sells out of bowl ticket allotment

Yesterday at 3:21 p.m.

66commentsPOST
VIEW Raleigh, N.C. — It took the North Carolina State faithful just four days to buy up their 12,500 ticket allotment for the Belk Bowl in Charlotte.

More than 17,500 tickets had been sold through the school as of Monday morning and that number continued to grow.

“This is no surprise to me or anybody who follows Wolfpack football,” said head coach Tom O’Brien. “Our fans are the best in the nation and we knew they would come out en masse to support us at the Belk Bowl.”

Yeah I don't think anyone is surprised that a large public school going to a bowl in its home state (3 hours from campus) sold out its ticket allotment.

Back