• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-WF Bowl Ticket Sales

ACC Bowl Ticket Sales

Clemson - Orange - 7,000/17,500
VT - Sugar - 9,500/17,500
Virginia - Chick-Fil-A - 14,000/18,000
Florida State - Champs - 16,000/13,500
Georgia Tech - Sun - 2,000/8,000
NC State - Belk - 17,500/12,000
Wake Forest - Unknown/10,000 (Guessing 7,000-8,000)
UNC - Independence - Unknown/11,000 (Missouri has only sold 2,000)

(Missouri has only sold 2,000)
Damn. Although this is pretty cool...

COLUMBIA — The initial reactions of students who lined up for tickets to the Independence Bowl were all similar. The price was a typo. A joke. A misunderstanding.

But it wasn't. With the Missouri Athletics Department's support, Tiger's Lair sold student tickets for $9.99 Friday morning at the MU Student Center. The ticket covers transportation to Shreveport, La., entry into the Missouri football game against North Carolina, a one-night hotel stay and a breakfast.

The bus leaves Columbia for Shreveport at 12:01 a.m. Dec. 26. The game is the same day at 4 p.m. The students who go will have to return to campus on Christmas to make it on the bus.
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2011/12/09/independence-bowl-tickets-sold-out-45-minutes/

Last edited:
ACC Bowl Ticket Sales

Wake Forest - Unknown/10,000 (Guessing 7,000-8,000)
UNC - Independence - Unknown/11,000 (Missouri has only sold 2,000)

I'm surprised the allotment for Nashville is smaller than the allotment for Shreveport. Glad we didn't end up there for many reasons, but the relevant one for this thread is that we would have been very lucky to push 4,000 or 5,000 on ticket sales.

It was announced on 620 The Buzz in Raleigh this morning that we have, in fact, sold out and that the Tarholes have sold less than 1000 tix for the Dec 26 Independence Bowl.

I'm surprised the allotment for Nashville is smaller than the allotment for Shreveport. Glad we didn't end up there for many reasons, but the relevant one for this thread is that we would have been very lucky to push 4,000 or 5,000 on ticket sales.

And yet we still would have sold more than UNC. :thumbsup:

It was announced on 620 The Buzz in Raleigh this morning that we have, in fact, sold out and that the Tarholes have sold less than 1000 tix for the Dec 26 Independence Bowl.

Yeah I don't think anyone is surprised that a large public school going to a bowl in its home state (3 hours from campus) sold out its ticket allotment.
And you did not see me comment either, did you? Just posting the facts, as are other posters. I did not see us mentioned.

Okay dick neg repper......I begrudgingly agree....

Freak07/chris/tsy - 1
Diego - 0

Still think we'll be well represented

:couch:

ACC Bowl Ticket Sales

Wake Forest - Music City - 10,000/10,000
UNC - Independence - 1,000/11,000

One of three ACC schools to sell out and the only one in a non local bowl. thats impressive.

ACC Bowl Ticket Sales

Wake Forest - Music City - 10,000/10,000
UNC - Independence - 1,000/11,000

I read an article quoting the Clemson assistant AD of ticket sales when he was talking about their new partnership with StubHub (article noted VTech did the same thing). He said something to the effect of the money they're going to receive from the partnership will offset the loss of annual pay for seating donors who will see the links and realize lower all in pricing for better seats is available at StubHub. But he probably didn't realize that having links to StubHub plastered all over their site would crush bowl ticket sales too. I have a ton of friends who went to Clemson and are going to the bowl but NONE of them paid face value directly from the U, they all used StubHub (after seeing a link on the Clemson site and realizing way better seats for lower prices were avail at SH).

That idiot assistant AD might get canned for that lol... and I'm guessing once people start using StubHub for getting tickets they don't stop. BC does it right (I know because I'm here in Boston). They have their own "Ticket Marketplace" where season ticketholders can resell their tickets. There are rarely any good seats available on StubHub for BC games but there are always tons of good seats on the BC marketplace (it's where I score my Wake/BC tix) and they essentially control the secondary ticketing market for their own tickets. Partnering with StubHub by some schools seems like such a dumb move. The actual quote the Clemson assistant AD used was "we might be letting the fox into the henhouse"... what an idiot... clearly didn't see the whole picture.

I read an article quoting the Clemson assistant AD of ticket sales when he was talking about their new partnership with StubHub (article noted VTech did the same thing). He said something to the effect of the money they're going to receive from the partnership will offset the loss of annual pay for seating donors who will see the links and realize lower all in pricing for better seats is available at StubHub. But he probably didn't realize that having links to StubHub plastered all over their site would crush bowl ticket sales too. I have a ton of friends who went to Clemson and are going to the bowl but NONE of them paid face value directly from the U, they all used StubHub (after seeing a link on the Clemson site and realizing way better seats for lower prices were avail at SH).

That idiot assistant AD might get canned for that lol... and I'm guessing once people start using StubHub for getting tickets they don't stop. BC does it right (I know because I'm here in Boston). They have their own "Ticket Marketplace" where season ticketholders can resell their tickets. There are rarely any good seats available on StubHub for BC games but there are always tons of good seats on the BC marketplace (it's where I score my Wake/BC tix) and they essentially control the secondary ticketing market for their own tickets. Partnering with StubHub by some schools seems like such a dumb move. The actual quote the Clemson assistant AD used was "we might be letting the fox into the henhouse"... what an idiot... clearly didn't see the whole picture.

That's interesting, but it's not like the fans of the other teams in BCS who have sold out their allotment don't use StubHub also. Maybe VT and Clemson have a few more who use StubHub, but this is still an extremely poor showing for two fan bases who have a reputation for being some of the best travelers in the entire country.

So LOWF has sold more tickets to the Music City Bowl at 6-6, than the Hokies have to the Sugar Bowl?

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Back