• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Carolina Redistricting

gerry.jpg

How are 12 and 4 Constitutional?

I thought it was a law that Congressional districts had to be continuous.

That's even worse than the districts were before. And they were BAD before.

So they took Asheville out of the 11th? I guess having a district where either side could win was a terrible thing.

It actually dillutes black voting power by trying to lump all blacks into one or two districts.

At least Libs will no longer have to worry about their most hated Congressman...Shuler.

You're not? A few majority black districts increases the number of majority pub districts.

Or, people could be viewed as individuals, rather than making assumptions based on their race.

Just sayin'.

Or, people could be viewed as individuals, rather than making assumptions based on their race.

Just sayin'.

Which is why I favor districts based on county lines. Unfortunately, you belong to a party that favors corraling minorities into their own Dem districts and I belong to a race who figures a few guaranteed house spots is progress.

Which is why I favor districts based on county lines. Unfortunately, you belong to a party that favors corraling minorities into their own Dem districts and I belong to a race who figures a few guaranteed house spots is progress.

You live in Florida. It's not your business.

I suppose it is not a surprise that you appear to be deliberately ignorant of who drew Mel Watt's district in the first place. 150 years of one party rule, and you're blaming the pubs for five months. Of course, that's what you do.

Looks like the 9th loses Gaston County and picks up southern Iredell. Hopefully Sue Myrick will die soon and we can get intelligent representation.

Back