• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Korea Nuclear Ready

I for one am proud of trump for accepting the meeting with North Korea, seems legit and at no way will be spun as propaganda by either side.

obligatory

530-90_itsatrap.jpg

A tweet for every occasion.

Angry rhetoric that freaks people out and leads to concerns about nuclear war with a hothead president - bad
Staging a summit to discuss strategies to coexist and hopefully ensure peace - also bad

Far from a Trump supporter, but the liberal groupthink is striking hard, per usual.

Angry rhetoric that freaks people out and leads to concerns about nuclear war with a hothead president - bad
Staging a summit to discuss strategies to coexist and hopefully ensure peace - also bad

Far from a Trump supporter, but the liberal groupthink is striking hard, per usual.

sure, there's no reason to distrust this sudden turn of personality

neville-chamberlain-9243721-1-raw.jpg

It’s hardly liberal groupthink to be skeptical about this supposed summit. And even if it’s legit, are you comfortable with the dotard representing the free world in a meeting of this magnitude?

I hate Trump as much as the next libtard, if not more, but can we literally not give him credit for anything? This seems like a positive step to me. This shit seems equivalent to the pubs hating on anything Obama did for the last 8 years.

Ordinarily I would say there is no harm in having discussions. With Trump however, who knows...

There' s a reason Republican and Democratic President's have said no to this meeting, for reasons stated above. And then to have Dotard be our rep? Hardly liberal groupthink to think this is a bad idea or to be skeptical about the outcome.

I don’t see people “hating” on trump. Just warranted skepticism at the news as well as his capabilities

There' s a reason Republican and Democratic President's have said no to this meeting, for reasons stated above. And then to have Dotard be our rep? Hardly liberal groupthink to think this is a bad idea or to be skeptical about the outcome.

Seems to be positive momentum with South Korea currently, and a good time for the U.S. to enter the fray, in my relatively uninformed political opinion. If he somehow can convince KJU to abandon the nuclear program (I get this is unlikely), most people here would still find a way to criticize.

It is definitely similar to the way some pubs refused to give Obama any credit whatsoever. Will be interesting to see what happens for sure, and I'm sure a lot of comparisons will be drawn to the Iran deal.

Yeah, can we just stop comparing Trump and Obama please. thanks. If he gets NK to completely abandon its nuclear program I will give him credit for that.

I suspect shoosh would prefer nuclear war over giving a republican credit for anything

Seriously. You’re putting the cart waaaaay before the horse in complaining about how folks will treat Trump after he solves the North Korea problem.

No American President has ever even had a phone call with a leader of N. Korea- I didn't realize that until today. The odds of Trump flip flopping on an impulsive idea are still pretty high though. The odds of Kim Jong Un using Trump as a propaganda tool are even higher. I'm curious about this, but I'm not going to believe it until it happens.

Also, I remember Obama getting raked over pretty hard during his first campaign when he mentioned that he would at least consider talking with N. Korea. Obviously that never happened during his two terms, but it was at least talked about during his campaign and the conservatives HATED the idea.

best possible result of the meeting between Trump and Kim Jung Un:

NK gives up its nuclear weapons and shuts down its nuke program

China guarantees NK's "independence" (the Chineses don't want Korea unified)

sanctions gradually lifted and NK gets an international aid package

doubt that it happens, but it would be nice

Back