• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notable depth chart changes

It's downright frightening that a coach would alter his gameplan based upon what a parent tweeted to him.

Agreed, but do you get the sense that he's going to? They're not going to change.

Unfortunately it's equally frightening that random parents and fans watching on their TV's can observe issues that our coaching staff will not address.

This reminds me of that millenials thread on the Pit about talking with interns' parents.

It's downright frightening that a coach would alter his gameplan based upon what a parent tweeted to him.

It's equally frightening that the parent's insight makes more sense than the coach's. that's the point.

Do running backs really gain more yardage on average after their first several carries? I see this rhythm argument all the time but I have never seen any data that backs that up.

Do running backs really gain more yardage on average after their first several carries? I see this rhythm argument all the time but I have never seen any data that backs that up.

Did you watch the BC running back destroy us in the second half last week?

Good question that definitely deserves actual research.

How do you control for line play?

Assume that it is constant regardless of the RB. The argument would be that number of prior carries is a positive predictor of yardage.

Assume that it is constant regardless of the RB. The argument would be that number of prior carries is a positive predictor of yardage.

It may not be constant as the game goes on is what I'm saying though. See Komeback at Kenan.

It may not be constant as the game goes on is what I'm saying though. See Komeback at Kenan.

But that doesn't matter unless you're claiming the line will play better or worse for one back over another.

If you did a big enough sample you would just assume that line play would average out.

Back