• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notable depth chart changes

Eh it doesn't matter who starts. Grobe will give all of them about 8 carries and not allow any of them to get into a rhythm.

Eh it doesn't matter who starts. Grobe will give all of them about 8 carries and not allow any of them to get into a rhythm.

Thankfully, the position coach decides who plays, so we're all... Wait, what's that? Lobo is the fucking position coach? You serious, Clark?

Josh Harris can come sit with Josh Adams at the "star as a freshman, shit on as a senior" table. They can get Gibson and Wilhite's seat ready right beside Micah Andrews. Probably will want to make room for Tanner Price as well.

Running the option with three receivers?

Josh Harris can come sit with Josh Adams at the "star as a freshman, shit on as a senior" table. They can get Gibson and Wilhite's seat ready right beside Micah Andrews. Probably will want to make room for Tanner Price as well.

Remember when we had senior Tarence Williams and true freshman Chris Barclay and they were both great and both played at the same time and sold the misdirection because defenses were scared shitless of either getting the ball, not to mention Mac keeping it?

Yeah, that was 11 years ago. Where is the player development?

Even still I bet Harris gets a sniff at the NFL because he'll be a combine legend. Could be willy Parker 2.0

I normally don't buy into criticism directly from players, but I've been pretty big on the JRoc hype towards him not being able to get into a rhythm. You can't get a "hot hand" so to speak if you're never even given time to warm up. This staff has pretty consistently misused running backs rotationally in their tenure at Wake IMO.

I normally don't buy into criticism directly from players, but I've been pretty big on the JRoc hype towards him not being able to get into a rhythm. You can't get a "hot hand" so to speak if you're never even given time to warm up. This staff has pretty consistently misused running backs rotationally in their tenure at Wake IMO.

The running game has faltered since Barclay. Thanks to Billings, we managed not having RBs the next year.

Remember when we had senior Tarence Williams and true freshman Chris Barclay and they were both great and both played at the same time and sold the misdirection because defenses were scared shitless of either getting the ball, not to mention Mac keeping it?

Yeah, that was 11 years ago. Where is the player development?

So fun to watch, yet so long ago...

I guess I just don't understand why we can't do things that normal, even bad teams, do. I see teams who are going to finish towards the bottom of their conference establish good running backs and get them a lot of yardage. I see teams with small offensive lines get good blocking up front and establish a good running game. I see teams with worse recruiting than we have able to gain more than 1.0 yards a carry on third downs (like we're averaging so far). I see teams who are worse than we are competing with very good teams and keeping games close rather than losing by six touchdowns.

I don't understand why we try to "outsmart" the opponent when the game only requires you to win, it doesn't require you to master the sport.

My favorite was when we would use Kevin Harris for a series, then Josh Adams for a series, then Brandon Pendergrass for a series, and kept rotating them like that all game long, no matter how well or poorly any of them were playing.

My favorite was when we would use Kevin Harris for a series, then Josh Adams for a series, then Brandon Pendergrass for a series, and kept rotating them like that all game long, no matter how well or poorly any of them were playing.

Robo-Lobo

Also well done by the tagger...made me laugh. Half of the post is presented with comments haha.

Back