• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame Game Officially 8 PM on ABC

Unlike the Va.Tach game I hope our fans don't leave in the middle of the 3rd quarter no matter what the score might be.

So, at the Va. Tech game you were hoping that our fans would leave in the middle of the 3rd quarter?

So, if we beat UNC, it would appear that we'll get bumped to PRIME TIME on ABC.

This should also help motivate our players this coming Saturday.

Stub hub is ridiculous. $5000 for row GGG in section 9? god damn

Wow that is going to be an epic shitshow of a tailgate/game. The anticipation feels like a mix of the pure joy of one's first BJ mixed with a sprinkle of the "Oh shit, what's going to happen now" when you see your first child born. Yes I just made that metaphor.

Looked like tickets near my seats are listed for $300/ticket. Crazy pills.

Wow that is going to be an epic shitshow of a tailgate/game. The anticipation feels like a mix of the pure joy of one's first BJ mixed with a sprinkle of the "Oh shit, what's going to happen now" when you see your first child born. Yes I just made that metaphor.

That sounds about right.

If we can win the UNC game, the ND game could be epic indeed.

So pumped for this! Unfortunately, I think there are going to be a lot of Golden Domers in the stadium. I work with an accountant on occasion who is a HUGE ND fan (one of his conference rooms is painted to look like the ND locker room, there are actual lockers lining one wall, and the chairs have jersey "slip covers" on them - but for the fact that it is ND themed, it is totally bad ass) and he and about 15 others are flying in from PDK to Smith-Reynolds. He said he knows about 50 ND folks that are making the trip up from Atlanta alone.

There are no doubt going to be alot. There are several though that after Saturday night will not be making the trip. They are as spoiled a fan base as it gets. There were some that go to (or make plans to go to) every game that scrapped them when they lost to USF. There are certainly some that finally gave up after losing to USC. Especially the way they lost.

There are no doubt going to be alot. There are several though that after Saturday night will not be making the trip. They are as spoiled a fan base as it gets. There were some that go to (or make plans to go to) every game that scrapped them when they lost to USF. There are certainly some that finally gave up after losing to USC. Especially the way they lost.

I suspect they will have a good showing. However, remember that many of their "road fans" couldn't find Notre Dame University on a map if you held a gun to their head. They're similar to Duke basketball fans.

FWIW, Notre Dame is looking up (ever so slightly) at Wake in the Coaches' Poll (USA Today), among other schools receiving votes; excerpt:

• Others receiving votes: Texas 49, Georgia Tech 39, TCU 33, Baylor 29, Illinois 22, Washington 20, Iowa 14, Syracuse 10, Brigham Young 9, Southern Methodist 7, Wake Forest 6, Notre Dame 5, Auburn 3, Rutgers 2, Florida 1, Miami (FL) 1
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/2

I suspect they will have a good showing. However, remember that many of their "road fans" couldn't find Notre Dame University on a map if you held a gun to their head. They're similar to Duke basketball fans.

I get this, but do you really think these are the fans paying $200+ for a ticket? Gotta imagine those are the ones at home watching on tv or checking the highlights, showing their "true" fandom when ND is winning.

Back