• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

November 10th, 1964: 50 Years Ago

me and bobknightfan have both enjoyed the rousing music of Peter Paul and Mary live. And George fuckin' McGovern rocks too. I guess In 30 years I'm gonna be posting about them letting gays get married in Wait Chapel.

"For example, the convention ruled that all trustees of the college had to continue to be North Carolina Baptists. Non-Baptist trustees were not allowed."

And it took Mr. Wilson another 22 years to finally terminate this relationship.

Last edited:
Then 17 years later...I was born.

Coincidence? I think not.

Happy Birthday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Go
Believe it or not, I met my second wife at that riot. I was a TA for Professor Leonard Tarlington at the time. Crazy night. Can't believe it's been 50 years! Feels like yesterday. I won't bother you with all the details, but that night taught me that love is real and all politics are local. Two lessons I never forgot.

I think you are right. Don't know why I had Kinga's name on my mind. Was he the 2nd one?

BTW, another story on that Duke game. That was the only game I remember during the four years I was there that all the male students left their seats in the grandstand before the game and actually went onto the field, forming two lines for the team to run onto the field out to about the 50-yeard line. It was easy to jump over that short wall at BGS, or go down a couple of steps in two or three places, to get to the field. (Plus, probably half of them were already fairly drunk by that time. :) )

Top Boards LIARS:

1) TownieDeac
2) bobknightfan

Peter, Paul, and Mary performed outdoors behind Renolda. I believe it was my freshman year '62-'63.

They burned a cross. Wow

:eek:

That can very easily be misinterpreted.

Back