• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Now her story has changed. Alleged sexual assault thread.

Maybe the players admitted to some kind of sexual behavior taking place (consensual) and the mother just took a great liberty with that and said they admitted to sexual assault?

That's the part that struck me as most odd, for sure.

Where do you get the impression that the organization is doing this? I've never understood why so many guys take it personally when someone is working on behalf of rape victims.

agreed.

on a side note, I don't have any problem if a woman walks around with the perception that every guy could be dangerous. so long as I don't get shot with pepper spray or tazed, women are free to view me however they want. there is nothing inherently wrong with hypervigilance so long as it isn't accompanied by unsupported actions. I am always keenly aware of my surroundings and the potential threat others could pose to me at all times not because I think everybody is going to harm me but so that I am not entirely caught off guard should somebody attempt to do so and I am 6'5" 290 lbs. people need to let this whole angle about NCAVA pushing some sort of agenda die. this organization is advocating for women that otherwise may not have a voice on issues that are incredibly important and need to become more widely discussed.

Maybe the players admitted to some kind of sexual behavior taking place (consensual) and the mother just took a great liberty with that and said they admitted to sexual assault?

That's the part that struck me as most odd, for sure.

That's probably what happened. To the mom, there's no question if there was sex that it wasn't consensual and the players admitted there was sex.

Why do all woman that do this sort of thing look like absolute bitches? I have no doubt she was raped, the accused attacker Christian Peter was insane and charged with like 12 things while in college, however this doesn't mean that every guy you come across is just absolutely evil and you need to rip his nuts off.

I used to work out with Christian Peter, and that guy was a lunatic. I honestly would have assumed that he had raped multiple women. I've also spoken to Gary Clark a few times, and he is about as far opposite from Christian Peter as you can get. But who the hell knows these days, I guess ... I'm posting pictures of the RHCP and their dong-socks on a sports board, so anything is possible.

I can't imagine what the "lookouts" actual role was. I find it hard to believe he was actually guarding the door or something, especially if it was after the game. After the game, coaches usually go out and could give a shit what the players do.

Sexual assault does not equate to rape. Even the mother's letter claims sexual assault. It does not claim that her daughter was raped.

The definitions of "sexual assault" and "rape" vary considerably from state to state. In Florida, the relevant crime is called "sexual battery," and is defined as "oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another or the anal or vaginal penetration of another by any other object." http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/filestores/web/statutes/fs07/ch0794/Section_0794.011.HTM

Let's not read too much into this letter, one way or the other.

I used to work out with Christian Peter, and that guy was a lunatic. I honestly would have assumed that he had raped multiple women. I've also spoken to Gary Clark a few times, and he is about as far opposite from Christian Peter as you can get. But who the hell knows these days, I guess ... I'm posting pictures of the RHCP and their dong-socks on a sports board, so anything is possible.

There really is no filter on some of you guys.

The letter by the mother raised more questions than it answered for me. I guess we're going to have to wait until Thursday.

I can't imagine what the "lookouts" actual role was. I find it hard to believe he was actually guarding the door or something, especially if it was after the game. After the game, coaches usually go out and could give a shit what the players do.

This was a 9:55pm ET tip if I recall correctly. No way they were back to the hotel before 1am. It is Miami, and there are things to do but I doubt they hit the town at that point.

I dont know what the rules are for band members/cheerleaders mixing in rooms with the atheletes but it could be that they were breaking some kind of curfew or something.

I mean seriously what are we supposed to do right now but use humor as a tool of deflection, the photoshopped pics are humorous. We don't know anything right now, and we probably won't know the real truth ever. What is interesting is how this has generated such a long thread simply because Wake is going to get called out on national tv. This stuff happens everyday all over the country and that is sad, but no one cares until it means bad PR etc...

It may not have happened in the actual hotel room of one of the players with a locked door and the guys may have had the sense to know that others would just as soon not see the actions, whether they thought they were in the wrong or not.

This was a 9:55pm ET tip if I recall correctly. No way they were back to the hotel before 1am. It is Miami, and there are things to do but I doubt they hit the town at that point.

I dont know what the rules are for band members/cheerleaders mixing in rooms with the atheletes but it could be that they were breaking some kind of curfew or something.

That's a good point. I guess in my experience I have never heard of a coach really being on top of things after the game late at night. Certainly was not that way for any of the Orange Bowl or ACCTs I went to when I was a student.

It may not have happened in the actual hotel room of one of the players with a locked door and the guys may have had the sense to know that others would just as soon not see the actions, whether they thought they were in the wrong or not.

Yeah, it could have been in the stairwell or empty conference room or outside or wherever. We don't know.

The trouble with all of this is it sounds like we're never going to get the full story because Hatch is saying he can't say anything because of FERPA. Unless she sues Wake and there's a trial. And this is a case where most all of us Wake grads want to know exactly how our university responded to what was reported at the time, but in all likelihood we'll never find out the school's side of the story.

I'm not sure it really took place after the game. That isn't what I previously heard. I previously heard it took place the night before.

Could have been a typo by fox8.

Back