• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Now her story has changed. Alleged sexual assault thread.

Tony Woods didn't come off as a violent, domestic batterer either. Most people don't seem likely to rape someone, but it still happens a lot.

did you not read the recent article about Tony where his then and current girlfriend downplays the entire incident?

If we assume this story is true, the guys were completely out of line, but we really need more details for why she felt compelled. Was the door locked? Did Teague hold it shut? Did she say "I really don't want to do this"?

I'll ask it: is this sexual assault? She did it, because she "felt like she had no choice"...was she threatened or what? If not, what is the charge here?

This is what I was referencing in my earlier post.

With the judicial hearing held, I am very confident this matter was widely discussed. Given the verdict and my familiarity with the system, I trust the decision.

"Third, there is no problem with hearing each other's testimony."

Is this true? Invoking the Rule is a pretty critical piece of a hearing like this. Very easy to corroborate someone's story when you get to listen to them lay out the entire story right before you have to speak.

Nobody knows the true details here, but it's just as likely that the athletes in question had excellent representation who knew every loophole in the process, whereas the girl and her family got minimal help in navigating it as it is that the family is simply unhappy with the result and everyone got a fair shake.

I mean, let's not kid ourselves that athletes at Wake don't get certain perks. A scholarship athlete I knew my Sophomore year sold me 5 of his fully loaded Sundry cards for a quarter of their face value because he got them for free.

Also, I see the Jeff Teague role as the 'lookout' being very suspicious. It sounds like the room that they went to was Teague and Gary's room!

That would imply that he was in his own room, maybe sitting on his bed watching his tv. Doesn't sound like a lookout to me.

So the victim wasn't satisfied with the results of the investigation and now wants to hurt the reputation of the university? I'm not saying her side of the story is inaccurate, but I guess people were right when they suggested her only other option was to go public and hurt the reputations of the legally innocent parties.

I doubt the reason she's coming out about this on national TV is to sully the name of WF. I imagine, like the advocacy group says, it's to urge victims or future victims to either not let this happen or if it does to make sure to report immediately.

Just to repeat something I posted earlier:

WFU police AND Miami police investigated this and neither could find enough evidence to merit filing charges?

What exactly should Wake have done beyond that? The proper legal avenues were followed.

photos-wake-vs-duke

Whoever chose to run this picture must love them some irony.

If we assume this story is true, the guys were completely out of line, but we really need more details for why she felt compelled. Was the door locked? Did Teague hold it shut? Did she say "I really don't want to do this"?

Why don't you assume the story is false?

Sure, and I don't necessarily think there was any real attempt to cover-up what happened (contents of the letter notwithstanding). I'm sure that the university deals with far more sexual assaults on campus than we realize. And I'm sure that most often the young woman does not want to press charges. The administration/AD/Dino might have felt that that was the way that this one was playing out and let things take their course.

They probably also felt that the woman was properly apprised of her rights as a victim and could make the appropriate decision for herself regarding criminal or civil prosecution. She and her parents should be able to easily comprehend that Wake Forest does not have a state penitentary building or courthouse on campus and that filing a criminal complaint is their job, not the uinversity's.

The worst that was ever going to happen in a J-Board trial was that someone was going to get kicked out of school. And if those J-Board losers kicked soemone out of school for sexual assault on a he said-she said accusation, they'd be the ones having their ass dragged throught he mud, along with the university, and the young woman too.

then we are in total agreement

You must have missed some earlier posts in this thread where people questioning the facts of the story are accused of attacking the victim.

This is a general problem with rape allegations. If the accused tries to discredit their accuser, they are vilified for it.

None of the posters on this board are the accused. SO they have no right to attack the accuser.

So per the article, Wake timely passed all relevant information on to the appropriate law enforcement personnel, and charges were not pursued. Certainly does not sound like any kind of cover up.

"Third, there is no problem with hearing each other's testimony."

Is this true? Invoking the Rule is a pretty critical piece of a hearing like this. Very easy to corroborate someone's story when you get to listen to them lay out the entire story right before you have to speak.

Nobody knows the true details here, but it's just as likely that the athletes in question had excellent representation who knew every loophole in the process, whereas the girl and her family got minimal help in navigating it as it is that the family is simply unhappy with the result and everyone got a fair shake.

When multiple are accused and they have the same trial, the evidence is delivered with them together. The witnesses not involved only present their evidence, and then leave the room.

As for the corroborating of a story, that is unavoidable and goes both ways. You can't keep people from talking to each other prior to the case.

So per the article, Wake timely passed all relevant information on to the appropriate law enforcement personnel, and charges were not pursued. Certainly does not sound like any kind of cover up.

Exactly. The letter from the Mom reads like a protective parent who is being fed incorrect facts by a victim's organization that is looking for some quick publicity.

" Ms. Redmond has been a key player, expert and consultant in the Kobe Bryant scandal,"

This is what I feared. Someone like Redmond attached. The Kobe Bryant scandal was a huge train wreck because she was not actually raped, she was mistreated by an asshole after consensual sex. Yikes.

i thought the exact same thing when i first read that. the case brought against kobe was so weak it didn't even go to court. and he got f'ing crushed by the allegation (granted he's kinda famous)...

Detective James Rae of the Wake Forest Campus Police did an investigation and forwarded statements he got from Teague, Clark and another man to the Miami Police Department, the report said.

Seems to be the case that the University acted in good faith - this doesn't comment on the actual nature of the incident - the Wake's response seems to have been what it is supposed to do.

Sounds like a case of buyer's remorse.

Hopefully the Today show asks some real questions. "So, they asked you if you liked giving oral sex, and then immediately invited you in to the room. What did you think they were expecting?"

Back