• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Now her story has changed. Alleged sexual assault thread.

I believe we only know 5-10% of what actually occurred. To this point, the balance could swing significantly to Wake doing the absolute right thing by this female student and actually make us very proud of the school and administration. Conversely, it also could mean significant issues that require the athletic department leaders be removed of their duties and perhaps others outside of athletics.

Until we know all of the facts of this case, there is absolutely no way to know whether due process was followed. The problem is we will never know these facts.

Given that we will never know all of the details of this case, I think we can only trust that those who investigated this matter, including the Miami and WFU police departments and any other person related to the situation, performed their sworn duties and obligations to the best of their abilities.

Now, I will close by stating, as I did last night, the trend that I'm seeing, in general, with our entire athletic department as it relates to this matter and the product on the field and court is becoming more than disturbing. Untimely and bizarre firing of a basketball coach only to be replaced by a no-name NBA journeyman; speaking in code-words such as "culture" when the premise of the firing was not winning; holding a "press conference" that was actually a pep rally in the midst of a horribly managed season; the athletic director performing multiple post-game analysis, etc... It appears we are exerting maximum effort and producing minimal gains as a whole. I think a leaner, more efficient "engine" could be far more effective.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
There are certainly issues to be addressed.

However, from the standpoint of being embarrassed as an alumnus, I feel better about MSD than I did last night. There was an investigation. Miami PD declined to prosecute. WFU held a proceeding and there wasn't enough evidence.

Certainly there is still some smoke but there doesn't appear to be a cover up and that was my concern.

I will tentatively agree with this until I hear whatever this girl and her mother have to say, and how convincing it is, on Thursday.

My feelings about Ath Dept last night with what little info I had (compared to today) were Facepalm and my feelings today are :squint:

I mostly agree with DV7 because some of the posts today reminded me a bit of the goats' tone on IC. However, we shall see what we shall see on Thursday.

I'm probably "drama queening" this up a bit. But I do have some pos reps, so others out there see some of the same stuff that I do, for what little that is worth.

The fact that some have basically said, "oh she was talking about blowies? WHAT DID SHE EXPECT?!!?" Is just absolutely disgusting to me. What kind of neanderthal thinking is that?

To me (and my quite possibly overreacting self) I see that as a way for posters to deflect blame from the players and therefore MSD as a whole. Maybe that is incredibly cynical of me. I wouldn't argue with you on that. But I think there is some truth to that.

My points are just about the Ath Dept and how they handled this, as it looks a ton better to me tonight than it did last night!, but more about people trying to "excuse" the behavior of two representatives of Wake Forest.

You think Gary and Jeff would get the same slack of rope if they happened to play for Clemson and this occurred while they played there? Hardly.

I'm totally with you on the bolded. While we don't know, and probably never will know, exactly what happened, I have no problem saying that Gary and Jeff appear to have acted in a manner that is unacceptable (I tend to think it probably happened something like awakegirl speculated) and that no matter what the girl talked about in the hall, what she said when she first went into the bathroom, and whatever happened leading up to the BJ, she always had (like everyone always has) the right to say no (or no more) and Gary (and anyone else) should have respected that and clearly acquiesced.

Last edited:
Would be an epic conflict of mission statement to ban keeper for being annoying. This is exactly the sort of crap that ruined DS. Don't fall prey to the same power temptations. Just because you now captain your own ship, doesn't mean you throw overboard everyone you don't like.

I think the issue (at least for me) is that he's purposely being annoying. There are posters I don't like (deacphan) who I don't want banned. But Keeper's goal when he posts in a thread usually seems to be just annoying people. Flaming, basically. But hey, that's just my two cents.

I will tentatively agree with this until I hear whatever this girl and her mother have to say, and how convincing it is, on Thursday.

My feelings about Ath Dept last night with what little info I had (compared to today) were Facepalm and my feelings today are :squint:

I'm totally with you on this one

I completely agree. Last night I was imagining The worst case scenario that involved a horrific event coupled with a massive cover up at all levels. I'm imagining less than that tonight.

its gonna be weird drinking myself into a stupor at 7:45 am on a wednesday.

kegs and eggs anyone?

I completely agree. Last night I was imagining The worst case scenario that involved a horrific event coupled with a massive cover up at all levels. I'm imagining less than that tonight.

Can we change the thread title to "It's not THAT bad. Wake to be on Today Show this Thursday morning."

Doubt anything was swept under the rug. You have a lapse of a couple days and no evidence apart from her word. You simply can't prosecute based on that. It doesn't mean it didn't happen. Stuff exactly like this happens every day.

Teague then went pro and GC was a nobody on the team at that point. The girl could've gone public but opted not to.

Lots more details in the ESPN article. Looking better for us, as well.

Thank you, Andy Katz.

Back