• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's air strike plans in disarray after Britain rejects use of force in Syria

Where is the concrete proof that Assad's regime was responsible for the chemical weapons attack?

Yes, where is the concrete proof that it was Assad? There are a lot of bad actors in the middle east. Lots of money and weapons changing hands. Lots at stake.

I am not convinced Assad did this. It doesn't make sense.

Yes, where is the concrete proof that it was Assad? There are a lot of bad actors in the middle east. Lots of money and weapons changing hands. Lots at stake.

I am not convinced Assad did this. It doesn't make sense.

Exactly

Doesn't exist

hey have shown Congress emails, phone records and other data that proves Assad was behind it. They have the shells. they have doctors who treated the injured and dead. They even have the shells.

BAKE, the orders from Assad's military have been shown to Members of Congress. There is no doubt and no wiggle room.

Bake, they have the orders showing what time to wear gas masks.

Everyone concludes that chemical weapons were used. Some people will argue that is uncertain who is responsible for the attack, either the rebels or Assad. Most people arguing don't give a shit either way and would rather just stay out of it unless UN security council says otherwise. If Assad filmed himself loading a chemical weapon, the chemical weapon had a dash cam, and then the aftermath was streamed live it is still not our place to go in and do shit alone (Yeah we have a few other countries but this is our show). The days of world police should be over, it's what was campaigned on, its what 70%+ of the public believe in at this current moment. Now my hypothetical would probably actually draw the UN to action but until then we shouldn't play pew pew pew American style.

hey have shown Congress emails, phone records and other data that proves Assad was behind it. They have the shells. they have doctors who treated the injured and dead. They even have the shells.

BAKE, the orders from Assad's military have been shown to Members of Congress. There is no doubt and no wiggle room.

And they even have shells

And Congress emails prove what exactly?

A U.N. Independent commission found strong evidence that the Syrian Rebels used SARIN GAS and that Assad's regime has not used chemical weapons.

Where do you get your news from? CNN?

http://www.policymic.com/articles/6...sed-chemical-weapon-but-look-what-the-un-says

Somebody take RJ's computer and Internet away.

You only beleive what you want to believe:

"But the U.S. government cast doubt on the conclusions of Del Ponte’s commission and made it clear that Assad would be to blame for any chemical attack happening in Syria: "We find it highly likely that any chemical weapon use that has taken place in Syria was done by the Assad regime. And that remains our position," said Jay Carney, White House Spokesman."

for your story to be true, Obama, Hagel, Dempsey, Kerry and the Joint Chiefs of Staff are intentionally lying Congress.

These are the only two options.

In your second one is this :

"Last week, the US and UK have said their own investigations suggest government forces have used chemical weapons. British Defence Secretary Philip Hammond said the evidence was quite compelling, but that it would need to be incontrovertible before the case for an international response could be made at the UN.

On Monday, Russian foreign ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said it was deeply concerned by "signs that world public opinion is being prepared for possible military intervention" in Syria."

You silly old man. You really believe everything the Government tells you?

You clearly don't know shit about history.

He should be tried at The Hague.

If not for Republicans being such cowardly pussies. GITMO would be closed. Those who need to be in jail would be in super max and the rest would housed other places.

"Other places" that are a lot like, say, I don't know . . . Gitmo?

What a Flip-Flop, this Kerry guy:

2009-Assad-Kerry-Dine-Together.jpg

Go fuck yourself. I don't call you names.

You know I don't. Before the Iraq War I was one of the very few on this board who didn't believe anything W said. I gave reasons and they proved true.

Now because the logic goes against your extremism and you guys are played like cheap fiddles by the right to blame Obama, I believe everything.

If this was the rebels. The population would turn on them and give Assad Syria.

All the science shows where the firing originated. Either Obama, Kerry, Hagel and Dempsey fraudulently created the orders, emails and other materials or they are real.

If Obama did falsify these documents, it's grounds for impeachment. For you to believe Obama falsified the data, you'd have to believe him to be a meglomaniac criminal.

That's the height of irrationality.

Also remember Obama opposed the Iraq War. All of a sudden you believe he's a lying war mongerer.

I'm not the irrational here. You guys think Obama has lost his mind and is setting himself up for impeachment.

That's batshit crazy.

Oh that's cute. You really think this about which party is in power?

You're so clueless. It's comical.

"Other places" that are a lot like, say, I don't know . . . Gitmo?

Obama wanted the detainees tried in Manhattan like the Shoe Bomber, the Xmas Bomber and the Blind Sheik. He had plans to renovate a federal prison in IL to house those found guilty.

But don't let history bother you:

"WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama reversed course Monday and ordered a resumption of military trials for terror suspects at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, making his once ironclad promise to close the isolated prison look even more distant.

Guantanamo has been a major political and national security headache for the president since he took office promising to close the prison within a year, a deadline that came and went without him ever setting a new one.

Obama made the change with clear reluctance, bowing to the reality that Congress' vehement opposition to trying detainees on U.S. soil leaves them nowhere else to go. The president emphasized his preference for trials in federal civilian courts, and his administration blamed congressional meddling for closing off that avenue.

"I strongly believe that the American system of justice is a key part of our arsenal in the war against al-Qaida and its affiliates, and we will continue to draw on all aspects of our justice system – including (federal) courts – to ensure that our security and our values are strengthened," Obama said in a statement.

"Going forward, all branches of government have a responsibility to come together to forge a strong and durable approach to defend our nation and the values that define who we are as a nation."

The first Guantanamo trial likely to proceed under Obama's new order would involve Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, the alleged mastermind of the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole. Al-Nashiri, a Saudi of Yemeni descent, has been imprisoned at Guantanamo since 2006."

He wanted to do the same thing in 2009 only to be stopped Congress.

It's funny that Congress can stop him from closing Gitmo, but they can't stop him from attacking a foreign country.

Is anyone else concerned that the President looked into the camera yesterday and tried to convince the other 6 billion Earthlings that they all collectively mis-remembered him looking into a different camera last year and drawing (TOTALLY NOT DRAWING!) a red line on chemical weapons?

Are we really going to war to defend the President's credibility on a statement he no longer stands behind? I am starting to miss Susan Rice.

Back