• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obamy:WHY DO YOU LIE!!???!!111

"Hersh based his report on a single, anonymous source."

" U.S. Defense Department spokesman Bryan G. Whitman said, "This reporter has a solid and well-earned reputation for making dramatic assertions based on thinly sourced, unverifiable anonymous sources."

"Those who criticize Hersh's credibility especially point to allegations Hersh has made in public speeches and interviews, rather than in print. In an interview with New York magazine, Hersh made a distinction between the standards of strict factual accuracy for his print reporting and the leeway he allows himself in speeches, in which he may talk informally about stories still being worked on or blur information to protect his sources. "Sometimes I change events, dates, and places in a certain way to protect people... I can't fudge what I write. But I can certainly fudge what I say.""

I am confused as to what the big reveal is. Is just that Pakistan had knowledge of the compound and raid? That seems minor.

It's more than that. CNN says the claim is that we learned where UBL was from a tip (not by following his courier), Pakistan had been keeping UBL prisoner in the compound in Abbottabad and there was no doubt that he was there, UBL was being financed by the Saudis, Pakistan gave us permission to kill him, and the only shots fired during the raid were the ones that killed UBL.

Now that would be interesting. That would mean basically an execution and not a raid. I have no problem with that but it is definitely different that the story as we know it now. I find it hard to believe as there has been so many different people basically corroborate the "official" story.

trying to figure out why the admin would sell a story involving violating sovereign airspace instead of cooperation

Making the campaign about executing Bin Laden is probably not the greatest strategy regardless of the details.

Now that would be interesting. That would mean basically an execution and not a raid. I have no problem with that but it is definitely different that the story as we know it now. I find it hard to believe as there has been so many different people basically corroborate the "official" story.

Got to think there's more than one person in the military who would like to anonymously make Obama look bad.

Wasn't there a crashed helicopter or something? How would that detail play into this theory?

You have to be kidding.

Based on what I've read, the allegations are highly implausible, but if true they would be momentous.

Isn't that true of any highly implausible allegations?

The Saudis financing OBL's retirement is by far the most unbelievable aspect of this story. It doesn't make sense on any level. The royal family's legitimacy is based on consent from the Wahhabi ulema, which OBL has been trying to undermine for decades. Given that maintaining regime security is far and away their biggest foreign policy priority, it would make literally no sense for them to do this. If caught, it would severely damage their relationship with the United States, on whom they rely for security against external threats, and even if they weren't caught, they still don't gain any credibility with puritanical elements in Saudi society, as it wasn't public. I call bullshit.

80419-dwight-schrute-fist-pump-screa-CtKy.gif

What are the chances that Junebug would blow Milhouse if given the opportunity? 65%? 75%? There is a thin line between love and hate.

Back