• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

My "bet every game of the NCAAT" plan is off to a 12-8 start after going 10-6 yesterday. Nevada shitting the bed in MWC style prevented an 11-5 day.

To be fair, everyone thought the MW was the best conference in America.

I had a live profit boost from betting $10 on a first to 15 (FAU hit!) and I grabbed Marquette ML as soon as they went down 10 and got it boosted from -125 to +120. #value

Marquette came out firing in the second half at least. So that's a fine 3-1 start, with the Marquette live ML bet on top of it too.

Honestly there's always upsets, you can bet the same amount for every game +300 or more and one of them at least will prove true and cover your losses from the others.
This is interesting. If you'd actually done this so far in the tournament (counting Stetson already since they're obviously not going to win) and bet $100 on every team +300 or worse you would be 2-9 but up $50 so far. Oakland paid out at $625 and Duquense paid out at $325.

Remaining games that you'd be firing today would be Yale, Vermont, Grambling, Charleston, and Longwood

I'm glad you did the math because I'm a few drinks deep and can't actually separate out all my bets history to prove this on my own.

Not trying to be dramatic, but I've now had fine-print fiascos with 3 of the official NC books.

-Fanatics is off-the-chart bad. They are engaging in straight up fraud.

-ESPN Bet (Penn) is doing the same, but for egregiously small takes. I really don't understand their end-game, but I'll be interested to see how that plays out in the long run. I would think the mouse is gonna be pissed.

-BetUS & Bet365 aren't really even worth talking about.

None of these channels exist to lose money. After 10 days of degenerate sports gambling, I think I can say:

-if you sign up, use referrals wisely

-the 'free money' (o/u on NBA games set at 0.5) is gone. And, people like me will still talk about it for years. Don't think it still exists.

-FanDuel and DraftKings are head-and-shoulders above their piers. But, without the now-disappeared sweeteners... you'll still lose your ass with them.

It's good entertainment.

fade me.

I took Kansas at +5.5 against Gonzaga and see they proceeded to shit the bed. Glad I bet just for fun.

Not trying to be dramatic, but I've now had fine-print fiascos with 3 of the official NC books.

-Fanatics is off-the-chart bad. They are engaging in straight up fraud.

-ESPN Bet (Penn) is doing the same, but for egregiously small takes. I really don't understand their end-game, but I'll be interested to see how that plays out in the long run. I would think the mouse is gonna be pissed.

-BetUS & Bet365 aren't really even worth talking about.

None of these channels exist to lose money. After 10 days of degenerate sports gambling, I think I can say:

-if you sign up, use referrals wisely

-the 'free money' (o/u on NBA games set at 0.5) is gone. And, people like me will still talk about it for years. Don't think it still exists.

-FanDuel and DraftKings are head-and-shoulders above their piers. But, without the now-disappeared sweeteners... you'll still lose your ass with them.

It's good entertainment.

fade me.
Fanatics never gave me my $60 apparel "coupon" after signing up. I sent them a message, and they said it was probably in my spam folder. I replied back that it wasn't, and they ended my complaint # with no response. Then within 5 minutes of the email being "delivered", I got email spammed from over 50 random ass places all over the world. I'm going to file a complaint with the NC Board about the coupon, but I would stay away from them if you are thinking about signing up. They really are a fraud.

FD and DK are by far the best. MGM is...fine. ESPNBet doesn't have very good lines comparatively speaking. I always line shop and FD seems to have the best lines overall. DK some of the better consistent ones.

Back