• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I was drinking and watching basketball yesterday and tried to sign up with draft kings but depositing with both Apple Pay and Venmo kept giving me an error but I downloaded fan duels and depositing with Venmo worked the first try so they are getting my business.

NCAA Baseball on DK is a game-changer.

Everybody should know that I'm a true Wake super-fan, but if we're going into a pen-game... It's pretty easy to find profit in combining our games with other favorites.

I'm 100% pulling for Wake to win. But, the cash can buy tissues (and, tickets back to Omaha).

1000010416.jpg

There is absolutely an advantage on college baseball and womens basketball if you have pretty good insight into it. Not a ton of money on those games and I don't think the books are particularly sharp

Free money may be gone, but I’m up 12x on my initial $5.

Hoping to retire on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have $10 on cashmere Keith Mitchell to win the Valspar at +4500. Can cash out for $115. Take the money or let it ride?

Have $10 on cashmere Keith Mitchell to win the Valspar at +4500. Can cash out for $115. Take the money or let it ride?
I would probably let it ride tbh. He's a vet and there isn't many good chasers. But up to you though. Not sure who you could use to hedge. I got Cam Young at +1000, but I think he is done.

I need some board vibes. I did a looooongshot parley on some underdogs tomorrow. I have Txam, NW, Yale, GCU, Clem, JMU and Utah St all to win. $5 bet to win $65K! Someone rub a genie please because daddy needs a new car!

I had Harman, and hedged with Xander at the Players.

I felt brilliant for about 30 minutes....

I still think there's potential in golf bets, but that one will remain soul crushing for a while

---

Outside of college baseball, 2 bets have really helped me:

- O/U total games in bizarre tennis matches; betting the over, when the unseeded player has won a couple of breaks.

(And.... Fuck. This will be easy to make fun of)

- Even/odd total point bets in major basketball games.

Bonus bets are so fucking weird in terms of EV... but, anybody with an lick of mathematical sense should check out the movement on this prop bet It's offered on basically every platform, and I'm not entirely sure why.

If you get even (+100) odds on either even or odd; I'm pretty sure it's the safest bet you can make.

I've taken several at halftime of games with -165/+100 spreads.

I'm not an even or odd fan. I'm a fan of true coin flips, with profit boosts.

I think I've already posted a screenshot; but this one provides really simple arbitrage options.

Didn’t cash out, but hedged with 5 guys, including Malnati, and came out a little ahead of ahead of what my Mitchell post R3 cashout would have been.

I used a $25 bonus bet to take a flyer on Cam Young to win at +750 before the start of the final round. So, so close. I'm going to miss all of the free money.

I used a $25 bonus bet to take a flyer on Cam Young to win at +750 before the start of the final round. So, so close. I'm going to miss all of the free money.
I used a profit boost on Cam to finish top 5 when he was like 11th going into Saturday. Nice payout, though I was bummed he couldn't get the win.

The NCAA is clueless, but I agree with this. This is the biggest vulnerability for fixes and f-ing up lots of people's lives. There are plenty of things to bet on without this option:

Agreed. Much easier for an individual player to manipulate their individual totals in a game, and thus more susceptible to being leveraged by bad actors.

I think it's more about the abuse that kids (and pros) take from fans online when they don't hit their numbers. Saw something on the national news about this recently. But yeah, it does create more/easier chances for players to be on the take too.

I like betting on college prop bets though...

FD and DK are by far the best. MGM is...fine. ESPNBet doesn't have very good lines comparatively speaking. I always line shop and FD seems to have the best lines overall. DK some of the better consistent ones.
this was a WIN

Some bonus bets for the Sweet 16 available. Two insurance bets for DK ($10 max for me) and MGM ($20 max for me), while ESPNBet has a bet at least $16 after opting in and get a $16 bonus bet win or lose. All I believe need to be on a game the next couple days.

Some bonus bets for the Sweet 16 available. Two insurance bets for DK ($10 max for me) and MGM ($20 max for me), while ESPNBet has a bet at least $16 after opting in and get a $16 bonus bet win or lose. All I believe need to be on a game the next couple days.

ESPNBet lost me for good on an amazingly stupid promotion.

After I'd already been disappointed with the service... they offered a '5 for 5' deal on live in-game bets, and I had $25 hanging out in that account.

So, I opt-in and fire off a live-bet and immediately get a $5 bonus bet. Before the first bet had settled.

I fire off 4 more $5 longshots and quickly miss on all of them.

... No more bonus bets show up.

And, to be fair, the terms of the deal were so poorly worded.

... So, I wait in queue to clarify and the first human I got to said exactly what I interpreted the promotion to be.

"5 bets (up to $5) for 5 bonus bets"

By my math, If the EV on bonus bets is around .3, ESPN Bet fucked me for $6.

... at least Fanatics had the balls to deal in $100s

Back