• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I think USF +10.5 seems very interesting. Started off hot with Utah and Tulane last night. Staying far away from WF-USU

Oh Wisconsin to cover is my favorite bet of the night. I think they're considerably better than USF and will come out hot.

Well Wisco was a good call. Cal + 13 vs UC Davis seems like an interesting matchup.

USF looked decent early last season then fell apart. If this keeps up, Charlie Strong may be out of a job.

Hit a few good bets last night including a ridiculous backdoor on a Wisconsin, Wake, Nevada ML parlay at +675. Had Wiscy, Rice, Nevada (+10.5, not ML), and Colorado then lost UMass +15 even though they went up 14-0.

Top bets I see to start the day:

State (-17) v. ECU
Mississippi State (-19.5) @ ULL
Syracuse @ Liberty Under 69 (nice)
Arkansas State (-2.5) v. SMU
South Carolina (-11.5) v. UNC
Fresno State (+14) @ USC

Bovada doesn't have FBS-FCS lines up today it seems, but Cal -13 v. UC Davis is one of the best bets of the day.

Last edited:
My head says stay away from State. Open game always scares me. I think UNC is going to lose but the line has gotten to a number where a backdoor cover would really concern me.

I like State to win by three touchdowns and South Carolina to win by 17+. UNC still has talent but they have never put it together. ECU is still really bad.

California getting worked at home in the first half...can't move the ball at all, can't hold on to the ball and are down 10-0 to UC-Davis.

Whew. Ended up with Cal - 13.5

That was stressful.

Ended up going .500 yesterday but up five games for the season.

Syracuse-Liberty totaled 24 points which is odd since the betting moved the O/U up 5+ points throughout the week. Liberty got shutout so that makes it tough to hit.

Connelly's SP+ projections went 60% for week one (not counting the remaining straggler games this week obviously).

Some pretty brutal beats at the sports book in Vegas over the weekend:

OSU up 28-0 8 minutes into the game as 27.5 favorites and FAU did not have positive total offense until well into the 2nd Q. They only won 45-21.

Oregon ML +150 is self explanatory.

Oklahoma -13.5 first half. Up 21-0. Up 21-7 with the ball and <3 minutes left. Hurts runs for 1st down to ~Houston 25, but fumbles and OU gets unsportsmanlike conduct afterwards. Houston kicks a FG. OU kicker misses a 39 yard FG as time expires after already missing one 42 yarder.

Just brutal stuff. Fortunately I ran as fast as I could to the window and made my biggest bet of the weekend on Bama 2nd half -14.5.

Had Oregon on the ML and against the spread (+4).

As brutal as the ML loss was (and it was brutal), the ATS loss was worse. Down 1 in the final seconds, Auburn was trying to get into winning FG range as the ball on the Duck 26 with 16 seconds left, but AU was out of TOs; so, they couldn't run the ball to set up a FG, which essentially forced Auburn to throw the ball into the endzone from the 26, any other play would result in risking running out the clock. Naturally, Auburn completed a pass inside the OU 5, the Duck safety missed the tackle, and Auburn not only wins, but covers the 4 point line. Auburn led the game for 9 seconds.

Had Oregon on the ML and against the spread (+4).

As brutal as the ML loss was (and it was brutal), the ATS loss was worse. Down 1 in the final seconds, Auburn was trying to get into winning FG range as the ball on the Duck 26 with 16 seconds left, but AU was out of TOs; so, they couldn't run the ball to set up a FG, which essentially forced Auburn to throw the ball into the endzone from the 26, any other play would result in risking running out the clock. Naturally, Auburn completed a pass inside the OU 5, the Duck safety missed the tackle, and Auburn not only wins, but covers the 4 point line. Auburn led the game for 9 seconds.

I was going to post this, as well. I had Auburn -3.5 and was VERY lucky to escape w/ a win on that. Had no business covering.

Oh, and thanks for talking me out of Boise State, Pilch. You hack.

I was going to post this, as well. I had Auburn -3.5 and was VERY lucky to escape w/ a win on that. Had no business covering.

Oh, and thanks for talking me out of Boise State, Pilch. You hack.

Bet you were pretty happy about passing on the Boise/FSU when Boise was down 31-13. Didn't realize the Noles would deprive their players of fluids throughout the game (or so claims Willie). :cool:

I also had Auburn -3.5. They had the biggest difference of the weekend in a couple models v. the spread (they were favored in SP+ by 9.5).

Bet you were pretty happy about passing on the Boise/FSU when Boise was down 31-13. Didn't realize the Noles would deprive their players of fluids throughout the game (or so claims Willie). :cool:

I wager on the full games... I don't pay you for first half or in-game spreads.

In fact, I don't pay you at all.

It was worth it just to see FSU implode. Didn't need any action on that to enjoy it.

Penn State opened -22 against Buffalo and that line has moved to 30 in some books.

Surprised Washington is only -14 at home against California, I like the Huskies by 17+.

Back