• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Michigan was +210 ML right before Army’s 50 yard field goal attempt to win. After the miss Michigan jumped to -205. Lots of value there.

I took App state -23 and was getting very concerned there. Then they blocked a punt and returned it for a TD right before halftime to go up 15.

Bad start today overall, glad I got in on the Michigan ML value to recoup some losses. Most picks are tonight at least.

Need Nebraska to score again to get the 3.5 cover there after they were up 17-0 at the half.

Pilchard is now 2-0 at talking me out of taking dogs that won outright.

Boise State over FSU last week.
SDSU over UCLA this week.

I f’d up Michigan over Army all by myself.

USF covered.

Rest are ongoing or later.

I'm 1-4 for the day with the lone win a live Michigan ML bet. Have the remaining tonight so should be a few fun games.

Took Texas, Miami, and Tennessee. Not a huge football fan right now.

Come out ahead for the day if I hit the parlay (and Oregon state- Hawaii also goes over 78.5 - so it doesn’t hit exactly 78) otherwise down a couple units but still up for the season through two weeks. Tough early games today.

Not really. Was on Denver earlier in the week, but the line has moved given the Antonio Brown stuff. I think I like the Jets -3 over Buffalo. That's really my only play right now.

NCAA:
Michigan -22 over Army
USF +6.5 over GT
Tulane +18 over Auburn
Cal +14 over Washington

Also looking at:
FAU +10.5 over UCF
SD State +9 over UCLA

Was hoping to capitalize on overreactions to Week 1, but I don't see many plays on that theme... Tulane & Cal, I guess, qualify.

Jets blowing a 16-0 lead hurt

2-1-1 on those NCAA plays

Split the lower conviction ones, but didn't have any action on either.

11-2 in ATS pool this week... Has me in a tie for first place, but 2 games ahead of the rest of the pack. 8-0 NFL, 3-2 NCAAF... Have HOU & DEN tonight, but thinking about changing the HOU pick to NO. I don't feel strongly about either game.

Jets blowing a 16-0 lead hurt

2-1-1 on those NCAA plays

Split the lower conviction ones, but didn't have any action on either.

11-2 in ATS pool this week... Has me in a tie for first place, but 2 games ahead of the rest of the pack. 8-0 NFL, 3-2 NCAAF... Have HOU & DEN tonight, but thinking about changing the HOU pick to NO. I don't feel strongly about either game.

I have NO as my eliminator pick this week. I'm not sure Tunsil alone can fix Houston's OL issues. O'Brien was scared to play Watson in the preseason because the OL was so awful. I love Watson and Hopkins but avoided them in my fantasy leagues because their OL is that awful. Their preseason dry run against Dallas was a disaster. Because Houston is traditionally a good team because of their skilled players and D, I think there are going to be a bunch of early games to bet on against Houston. Feeling the opposite way about Indy, which will likely still be competitive without luck.

As ATS has made all well-aware, the start of the season has sucked for me. Some bad beats, but mostly crappy handicapping.

Kudos for 22890 for having SD State over UCLA. 8 point dog wins outright. Got to accept that Chip Kelly has lost his mojo, even in CFB.

Will try to do better.

I had Philly on the money line to break even for the weekend. I was close to being uncomfortably down.

Stuck with HOU and DEN. The other guy had the same, so it came down to HOU/NO total for tiebreaker. I had 55 and he had 50. So I won. Don’t even have to bother watching this 2nd game... Which is great because I’ve got meetings starting in the early morning.

Much better than last week’s debacle.

78% of early bets on UNC per sportsinsights. Def could see them as a public dog in this one, which is usually a very good indicator for backers of the opponent

78% of early bets on UNC per sportsinsights. Def could see them as a public dog in this one, which is usually a very good indicator for backers of the opponent

yup

wake -3 is begging for public money

Back