• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

It's getting later in the week... Anybody have any thoughts on this weekend?

I like (in order):
Wake Forest -3 over UNC
Syracuse +28 over Clemson
FSU +7.5 over UVA

Still looking at NFL, but intrigued by:
Atlanta +1.5 over Philly
LA Rams -2.5 over New Orleans
Pittsburgh -4 over Seattle
Miami +19 over New England (probably a pass, but I'm like a moth to a flame here)

Games I like:

State -7 at WVU
Maryland at Temple +7 (maybe even Temple outright at +225)
Memphis at South Alabama u58
UNLV +18.5 at Northwestern
Pittsburgh at Penn State -17.5
Miami +17.5 at Cincy
Northern Illinois +14.5 @ Nebraska
San Diego state -16 @ New Mexico state

Last edited:
Early thoughts. Proceed with extreme caution.

BC -21 vs. Kansas (Kansas just lost to Coastal Carolina, BC good)
NCSU -6.5 @ WVU (WVU awful, destroyed by Mizzou)
Colorado -4 vs. Air Force (looked great 2nd half vs Nebraska)
Stanford +9 @ UCF (Costello back)
USC -4.5 @ BYU (USC frosh QB looked legit, BYU not so much)
ASU +14.5 @ MSU (MSU overrated? Defense legit, but not sold on Lewerke/offense)
Florida -8 @ UK (Terry Wilson out)
Syracuse +28 vs. Clemson (Historical tough out, home game)
FSU +8.5 @ UVA (FSU finally puts a 2nd half together)

Always good when two people’s “good picks” aren’t even the same games except for one (state) haha

Last edited:
Also like UCF -9.5 at home against Stanford and Mississippi State -7 at home against Kansas State

UVA -7.5
Iowa State +3 (got it early; now 2.5)
Air Force +4.5 (and +165 on the ML)
USC/BYU U56
Charlotte -20

Miami +19 is intriguing. Belichick protoges tend to do okay against NE, and I think Bill will take pity on Flores and play Stidham the whole 2nd half and mostly run the ball. Although Miami can't stop the run either. But yeah, this has back door cover written all over it.

I like FSU because they have a new OC in Kendal Briles who knows how to run a prolific offense and like FSU's skill position talent (I love Cam Akers and thing about Baylor, Briles was an offensive coach at Baylor when they were an offensive force, is that as part of spreading the field to cover their receivers, Baylor would gash teams with the run -- perfect spot for Akers; Blackmon has talent and FSU always has a deep set of receivers); FSU's recent problem has been its OL, if FSU's OL is simply mediocre they will score points. Finally, think Taggart will be far better in year #2. Line is more than a TD. Will take the points.

FSU issue is their defense sucks. They’re bottom 20 in the country in defense through two weeks.

Kidding.

I like FSU because no matter how bad they are, I feel like it is tough for other ACC programs to see those uniforms and not blow games they should win.

UVA should absolutely win this game at home... But I have a feeling FSU will come to play this week.

Not picking UK against Florida, but be aware that the injuries run both ways in that game. FL WR Kadarius Toney, their best receiver, and DB CJ Henderson (their best DB) are out this week.

Also, Arizona State has looked shaky over the first two games against inferior opponents. That includes scoring 19 points against Sacramento State (honestly did not know they had a football program) last week. ASU starts a true freshman QB, and Michigan State's defense is among the best. Would tread carefully.

Not picking UK against Florida, but be aware that the injuries run both ways in that game. FL WR Kadarius Toney, their best receiver, and DB CJ Henderson (their best DB) are out this week.

Also, Arizona State has looked shaky over the first two games against inferior opponents. That includes scoring 19 points against Sacramento State (honestly did not know they had a football program) last week. ASU starts a true freshman QB, and Michigan State's defense is among the best. Would tread carefully.

Good info. Was more just going off of preseason reports that had ASU as a PAC 12 dark horse contender, thinking Herm Edwards is going to be good there, and thinking MSU (especially offense) is very overrated. But that defense against a true freshman QB and shaky offense is enough to scare me off.

Every "expert" pick I've seen regarding the Michigan State game is all over the Spartans mostly thinking Arizona State's offensive line has no chance.

Every "expert" pick I've seen regarding the Michigan State game is all over the Spartans mostly thinking Arizona State's offensive line has no chance.

I don’t follow the Pac12 at all, but I’m in Scottsdale for a meeting this week. All the local chatter is very down on the OL.

I meant to bet on BC (as I said above), but thought the game was tomorrow. And Wake covered. Tonight was a fortunate night.

I just lost a pretty big parlay because USC decided it would be fun to score a meaningless touchdown

Holy shit holy shit holy shit. Texas returns a KO for a TD to take a -31 loss to a win and Clemson runs for a long TD to take a -28 push to a win. My night just got wayyyyy better

Dabo is the most classless piece of shit in the history of college football. I’ve never seen a coach not kneel it in that situation (up 20+, in own territory). He’s got some bad juju coming his way. Deacs win this year.

Ouch. This one is pretty bad.

I lost a lot of money today. Yep. The USC backdoor cover is the only thing that prevented it from being really bad.

Back