• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Oregon State-Hawaii over under is 78.5 and two model projections I've seen have them scoring over 90, including SP+ projection at 55-49.

Oregon State-Hawaii over under is 78.5 and two model projections I've seen have them scoring over 90, including SP+ projection at 55-49.

That total will be over 80 by Saturday.

Going head to head with you on Tulane/Auburn.

Really like Willie Fritz, and Tulane looked impressive last week. Letdown spot for Auburn, and Bo Nix has a long way to go. Like the Wave +18. Also, like VT -28.5, UCLA -7.5, Akron +9.5, App -22, Stanford/SC U 44.5 and Miami/UNC U47.5.

I'm actually considering Cal if I can get a big enough number.

No action on the rest of the games you both listed.

LSU is up to a 6.5, even 7, point favorite at Texas. Understand that the SP+ analysis likes the LSU side.

Lot of sharp money on LSU, apparently, in addition to SP+, the thinking is that the addition of Joe Brady from the Saints has transformed LSU's stodgy offense. Tom Herman has an incredible record as a dog 13-2-1.

Not playing the game, but will be interesting to see what happens.

Yeah, no play on LSU/Texas for me. I leaned LSU at a lower number, but can't do anything up here. Really looking forward to watching the game.

Yeah I’m not touching the LSU game but I lean towards LSU as long as it stays under a TD

Tulane’s QB had a great game week one. I just think Auburn’s athleticism is going to be tough to stop and Oregon is a really good team that they just beat.

Like any pro games this week?

Not really. Was on Denver earlier in the week, but the line has moved given the Antonio Brown stuff. I think I like the Jets -3 over Buffalo. That's really my only play right now.

NCAA:
Michigan -22 over Army
USF +6.5 over GT
Tulane +18 over Auburn
Cal +14 over Washington

Also looking at:
FAU +10.5 over UCF
SD State +9 over UCLA

Was hoping to capitalize on overreactions to Week 1, but I don't see many plays on that theme... Tulane & Cal, I guess, qualify.

Yeah I like SDSU a lot there. UCF is a big unknown but I could see them winning by a couple touchdowns without much of an issue.

Yeah I like SDSU a lot there. UCF is a big unknown but I could see them winning by a couple touchdowns without much of an issue.

I get that UCLA's offense looked pathetic against Cincy, but you do realize that SD state scored a total of 6 points, had a total of 14 first downs and 238 yards against... Weber State last week?

Going back to last year, SD State hasn't scored a TD in its last 8 quarters and has covered once its last 9 games. Also, UCLA stud RB, Josh Kelley who missed the Cincy game is expected to play this week. Also, UCLA has to win this game as they OK on deck. There are a lot of intangibles that favor UCLA.

And with all of that the line opened UCLA -6. I don't think the Aztecs are world beaters, I just think UCLA is below average and the line is now pushing double digits. 65% of public money is on UCLA

And with all of that the line opened UCLA -6. I don't think the Aztecs are world beaters, I just think UCLA is below average and the line is now pushing double digits. 65% of public money is on UCLA

Because of all of that, the line is now 8 or 8.5.

Not really. Was on Denver earlier in the week, but the line has moved given the Antonio Brown stuff. I think I like the Jets -3 over Buffalo. That's really my only play right now.

NCAA:
Michigan -22 over Army
USF +6.5 over GT
Tulane +18 over Auburn
Cal +14 over Washington

Also looking at:
FAU +10.5 over UCF
SD State +9 over UCLA

Was hoping to capitalize on overreactions to Week 1, but I don't see many plays on that theme... Tulane & Cal, I guess, qualify.

I think I like the opposite of each of these, except maybe Tulane.

- Still don't trust Michigan offense (and they didn't look great against MTSU), and Army will seriously limit possessions.
- USF looked far more (read, completely) inept against Wisconsin, at home, than GT did against Clemson
- Cal struggled with UC Davis while Washington rolled normally-solid Eastern Washington - Washington home field advantage is large
- FAU had negative yardage in the 1st half against OSU - only scored when they let of the gas, went vanilla, and benched starters. UCF should be solid again.
- Mirror Pilch's comments below on SD State/UCLA

Yeah, the more I look at SDSU @ UCLA, the more I get cold feet. I'm not so much concerned about the Weber State outcome, but I think the UCLA offense will be helped by the return of Kelley. The line has moved for a reason, I think. I'll probably pass on that one. Still like the rest, though... Including FAU.

No thoughts on that one, not touching it.

Most of my bets are for later in the day but here's my list - some games I got earlier in the week for different value than line is now (ended up not touching SDSU-UCLA after chat on here):

Nebraska (-3.5) @ Colorado
Tulane @ Auburn (-18)
Cal @ Washington (-14)
Oregon State-Hawaii o78.5
Charlotte @ App State (-22.5)
Tulsa @ SJSU (+205)
Ohio (+5.5) @ Pitt
BYU @ Tennessee (-4)
Vandy (+7) @ Purdue
Arkansas @ Ole Miss u50.5
UCF (-13) @ FAU (should've gotten on this one earlier in the week)

And a fun cheap late night parlay I threw down: Stanford (+130), Fresno (+130), Oregon State-Hawaii o77.5 at +910

Back