• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I want the flip side of Burrow for sure.

I have the Jags ML +120 and Tulane -4.5 (who is trying to make it more interesting after going down 28-7).

Any thoughts on Utah-USC tonight? Utah -4 on the road and o/u set at 53 right now. Don’t have anything from this on the slate but when with Utah’s stout D I think I like the over. Utah is overrated at 10th in the nation and USC has a solid offense.

Any thoughts on Utah-USC tonight? Utah -4 on the road and o/u set at 53 right now. Don’t have anything from this on the slate but when with Utah’s stout D I think I like the over. Utah is overrated at 10th in the nation and USC has a solid offense.

I dunno. Is Utah's defense worse than BYU's ?

Not taking the game because also think that the Utes are overrated, but consider this:

As USC HC, Clay Helton is 1-12 straight up as a dog and 2-11 ATS. Average margin of defeat for Helton in this spot is 19 ppg. Big edge on the sidelines for Utah. All of that said, USC has talent, and I like their frosh QB Kedon Slovis. Pass.

Two P12 guys I follow like u27 in the first half but are skittish about full game bets. Utah has allowed 29 points in three games (one against an FCS)

Utah dominated BYU so gonna say that the D is better as well

Yeah, that was a hypothetical. I'm sure Provo wasn't an easy place to play for Univ of SoCal, but they don't look like a team I'd put money on either.

Iowa State now favored by 19 over ULM. Someone talk me out of the ULM play. They killed Grambling and almost beat FSU. Meanwhile, ISU is coming off a heartbreaker to their biggest rival and also went to OT against FCS Northern Iowa.

UCF line down to 10.5 from 13.5. Public all over Pitt. Making me like UCF, but still skittish.

Actually, think the public is on the UCF side, and the sharp players are on Pitt. Pitt's defense is stout, but they laid it all on the line against PSU and lost in agonizing fashion last week. Also, if they can, UCF will run it up so they can use PSU 7 point win and their win by more than as an argument to be included in the playoff.

Yeah I see over 55 percent of money on UCF. Someone threw down over 100k on UCF ML at a book yesterday

Oddsshark has it 33.9 to 21.6 Utah.
Collegefootballnews has it 26 to 20 Utah.

App & unc down to -2.5 unc. Oddsshark has it App 35.2 to 28 and CFN has unc 31-27

Line opened -3.5 unc

I think Utah is legit and will win the Pac 12. I like them covering the 3.5

Nebraska -13.5. Illinois is bottom barrel Big10
Texas -6.5. OSU offense has been good but they haven't played anyone. Texas is coming on.
UGA -14.5 They're going to stomp ND. Defense is just too good.
Mich St. -9 NW might not score
Wisconsin -3.5 Michigan offense won't get it done. I'm falling into the transitive property trap here, but Army just is not very good.
SMU +9 . They have a new roster. 20+ grad transfers. Buchelle is a legit QB. TCU doesn't have an offensive identity.

Indy-1 Atl. I think there is still value on the line with the Luck retirement.
Baltimore +5.5 I'm not so sure they aren't the better team
Dallas -23

Interesting line and over scenario in Charlotte at Clemson tomorrow.

Clemson is 41.5 and the total is 61.

Charlotte has a new coach this year, Will Healy from Austin Peay. He is an offensive guru. He was the 2017 FCS coach of the year at APSU where he took a team that had gone 1-45 (yes, 1 win in 46 games) previous to hiring Healy, and Healy had a winning record at Peay over 3 years -- a place that had no previous success, while breaking all of the school's offensive records. In Charlotte's first 3 games under Healy this year, they are averaging 47 ppg, 522 yards per game and 7.4 yards per play (admittedly two of them against really crappy teams), including 41 points and 526 yards against the Apps. Charlotte's offense had been generally horrible before Healy arrived.

Realize Clemson is in another world from the teams that Charlotte has played, but with the spread so high and total at 61, Charlotte, with some offensive weapons, needs to score just 10 points to guarantee no worse than a split if you take Charlotte and the over, and a good possibility exists to hit both, including via backdoor cover.

Realize Clemson just crushes everyone at this point, and the final very well may be 56-0, even so, I am tempted to take Charlotte and the over as this is a letdown spot after Clemson just faced what was projected to be their toughest two games of the year (A&M and at Cuse), and the Charlotte offense humming.

FWIW, Healy will be coaching a Power V team within 3 years.

VSIN guy was on College Sirius yesterday and he liked Utah in tonight's game.

Back