• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

On the under 27 first half tailing pac 12 “experts” and then Boise -7 against Air Force tonight with half units. Just a little something to whet the whistle. I think the Utah game should be a good one. Pulling for the Utes.

Interesting line and over scenario in Charlotte at Clemson tomorrow.

Clemson is 41.5 and the total is 61.

Charlotte has a new coach this year, Will Healy from Austin Peay. He is an offensive guru. He was the 2017 FCS coach of the year at APSU where he took a team that had gone 1-45 (yes, 1 win in 46 games) previous to hiring Healy, and Healy had a winning record at Peay over 3 years -- a place that had no previous success, while breaking all of the school's offensive records. In Charlotte's first 3 games under Healy this year, they are averaging 47 ppg, 522 yards per game and 7.4 yards per play (admittedly two of them against really crappy teams), including 41 points and 526 yards against the Apps. Charlotte's offense had been generally horrible before Healy arrived.

Realize Clemson is in another world from the teams that Charlotte has played, but with the spread so high and total at 61, Charlotte, with some offensive weapons, needs to score just 10 points to guarantee no worse than a split if you take Charlotte and the over, and a good possibility exists to hit both, including via backdoor cover.

Realize Clemson just crushes everyone at this point, and the final very well may be 56-0, even so, I am tempted to take Charlotte and the over as this is a letdown spot after Clemson just faced what was projected to be their toughest two games of the year (A&M and at Cuse), and the Charlotte offense humming.

FWIW, Healy will be coaching a Power V team within 3 years.

If Clawson gets hired away and Healy has a strong next year or two I wouldn’t mind taking a serious look at him here.

Yeah I see over 55 percent of money on UCF. Someone threw down over 100k on UCF ML at a book yesterday

Since I don’t know much about betting, educate me here: why would someone make a bet of this size on a Wednesday? A lot can change in the ensuing 2-3 days. Suspensions, injuries. Is it to capitalize on a line that might move? What’s the deadline for placing bets?

Can place bets up to roughly kickoff (maybe a five minute grace period depending on the book). My guess is this was when the person was at the book and/or they wanted to lock it in expecting the value to go down.

A lot of professional bettors try to make bets as soon as the line is dropped on Sundays as the line hasn’t hardened with more money coming in (generally “corrected”).

No read on the game tonight.

Kind of feels like USC would just rather suck to finally get rid of Helton AND I can’t imagine there will be a great crowd at 6pm on a Friday in LA.

But I have to pick the game for a pool and the line is set for 4.5... With those points, I’m taking USC.

These Friday night Pac12 games always seem to have weird results... Wouldn’t touch it if I didn’t have to.

Yeah it is. Utah looking to have a decent chance for a push at minimum. I'd take it given that they combined for 21 points in the first 7 minutes.

Fumble on the five yard line preserves the under! I can see why this stuff is addictive

This would be a fun game without all of the penalties.

Also sucks that USC is on their 3rd string QB.

Phantom holding call nullifies a Utah first down and results in a safety by USC on the next play. Classic in the life of a degenerate.

My teaser for the week (sure fire way to set money on fire) comes in at +1000 for a hit:

Wisconsin +2.5
UMass +23 (most concerned here honestly)
WVU +2
TCU -3.5
Illinois +19
Ole Miss +4

Reading that Vegas has six figure liability on Michigan-Wisconsin and ND-Georgia. They need Michigan and ND. Both public and sharps are heavy on the badgers and dawgs at home.

My teaser for the week (sure fire way to set money on fire) comes in at +1000 for a hit:

Wisconsin +2.5
UMass +23 (most concerned here honestly)
WVU +2
TCU -3.5
Illinois +19
Ole Miss +4

I’m not sure how you can be confident enough in MICH/WISC to include it... Feels like there could be literally any outcome.

I like Ole Miss today.

Haven’t pulled the trigger on anything else. Yet.

Back