• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Has nothing to do with the $.89.

Numbers on the left, Biff on the right !

giphy.gif

Thanks for clearing that one up !

Good value tonight for Skins +6. Downside is they suck. Plus side is the Bears’ offense has been awful and Mitch hasn’t been very good at all.

Good value tonight for Skins +6. Downside is they suck. Plus side is the Bears’ offense has been awful and Mitch hasn’t been very good at all.

Yeah... Seems like one of those games where if you place a wager, you might want to consider that you have an addiction.

My pool had Chicago -3.5... Lines set on Wednesdays usually, so sometimes can get stale. I’m still not excited about taking the Bears.

Hah I felt that way about the Giants yesterday. I actually feel pretty good about the Skins - again because I think they cover if they score two touchdowns.

I waited too long to change my pick to Chicago... So I am stuck w/ the Skins +3.5. Sweet.

And I'm about to board a flight to Nashville, so I get to watch the whole thing!

Gruden will end up getting fired in Washington. But he ain't the problem - Bruce Allen and Snyder are the problem. Why they didn't trade Trent Williams to Houston for 2 1st rounders is beyond me. They're not nearly as bad a team as the Fins, but their front office is almost as bad.

Early in the week action:

FSU -6
Oregon State +3.5
UVA +11.5
Nebraska +17.5
Coastal Carolina +15.5
Chiefs/Lions Over 54

Lots of conference games this week. One interesting note, Houston opened as a 2 point favorite over N. Texas. Then their QB and star receiver announced that they are redshirting, N Texas is now -7. 9 point move; for those that took N Texas early, sweet middle.

You'd think OSU would have to come back down to earth sometime soon, and it could very well be this week. However, after week 1 (and a silly backdoor cover by FAU), the lines have skyrocketed after opening, and OSU has still covered by ridiculous amounts. I'd imagine Vegas has been getting killed there.

Not that it means much, but in the last "prime time night game" OSU played at Nebraska in 2017, they won 56-14. Of course they almost lost at home last year, so who knows. Seems like Day has more of the killer instinct than Meyer against inferior teams in very early examples (Meyer struggled mightily with Indiana). Long winded way of saying I'd probably still take OSU, but will likely stay away unless it gets back under 17.

I love Nebraska in that spot. Obvious, there's a risk tOSU will boat-race the Huskers (who have been very disappointing this year), but this will be tOSU's toughest game by far. Love that tOSU scored 70+ straight last week. They have been talking about this game in Nebraska since the schedule was announced. Joe Public will be on tOSU. Fine with going the other way.

I don't like UVA and the points at ND. ND proved they can hang with 1 of the real heavyweights in UGA. UVA barely beat FSU, which has an awful OL, and had to come back from 17 down to beat ODU. If ND comes out ready to build on last week, they'll roll UVA. UVA could win the Coastal, but that's far from high praise. At this point I actually think we're the 2nd best team in the ACC, which both speaks highly of Clawson but also extreme ill of the rest of the ACC.

I see a lot more picks this week that are a decent ways off from metrics compared to the last few - I like a lot of road teams this week and am surprised at a few of these (sure to go wrong lol). Here are the ones I like. Sitting at exactly even on the year bets wise on CFB but up 2 units overall due to underdog/ML/one parlay hit. I think the Arkansas State line is ridiculous

Mississippi State (+11.5) @ Auburn
ULL (-3.5) @ Georgia Southern
Arkansas State (+7) at Troy (this was -120 so you can probably wait to snag it at 6.5 for better odds if you're fine giving up potential push)
Cincy @ Marshall (+150)
Indiana (+14) @ Michigan State
Texas Tech (+28) @ Oklahoma
Northwestern @ Wisconsin (-24) (has backdoor cover all over it but Wisconsin is better than 24 against Northwestern)
Arizona State (+4.5) @ California (don't mind ASU outright on the road here but Cal's defense could give them serious fits)
Penn State (-6.5) @ Maryland
Duke @ Virginia Tech (-2.5)

Last edited:
I love Nebraska in that spot. Obvious, there's a risk tOSU will boat-race the Huskers (who have been very disappointing this year), but this will be tOSU's toughest game by far. Love that tOSU scored 70+ straight last week. They have been talking about this game in Nebraska since the schedule was announced. Joe Public will be on tOSU. Fine with going the other way.

100% with you on this. Which, of course, may be a bad sign.

Three additional bets:

Texas Tech @ Oklahoma Under 70.5
Minnesota @ Purdue Over 55.5
SMU @ South Florida Under 63

If you’re looking to tail anyone, SP+ is 71% against the spread in games where the Vegas line differs from his by 3-5 points through the CFB season up to this point. Here are the games that fit that billing this week from the opening lines:

Arkansas +23.5
Umass +7
FAU +1
Minnesota Pick em
Louisiana tech -8
Mississippi state +10.5
Colorado State +24
NC State +5
Fresno -18
North Texas -7 (and this was before King news)

The Akron v. UMASS game stands out for the ineptitude of both teams.

UMASS four games this year (ATS Record):

Rutgers +16.5 L 21-48
S.Illinois (an FCS team) -6 L 20-45
Charlotte +20.5 L 17-52
Coastal Carolina +16.5 L 28-62

Akron's 4 games:
@ Illinois +18 L 3-42
UAB +8 L 20-31
@ C Michigan +2 L 24-45
Troy +18 L 7-35

Collectively 8 games, 8 losses straight up and ATS. And only one game (Akron v. UAB) was even close to the line. This game is likely both teams only chance at a win for the season. Have an auto-play against UMASS this year, but can't pull the trigger on Akron as a 7 point road favorite. No doubt the game will decided in some agonizingly awful fashion (e.g., a blocked PAT taken back for 2 points or an onside kick getting taken to the house). Gameday should've headed to UMASS for this debacle.

Last edited:
The Akron v. UMASS game stands out for the ineptitude of both teams.

UMASS four games this year (ATS Record):

Rutgers +16.5 L 21-48
S.Illinois (an FCS team) -6 L 20-45
Charlotte +20.5 L 17-52
Coastal Carolina +16.5 L 28-62

Akron's 4 games:
@ Illinois +18 L 3-42
UAB +8 L 20-31
@ C Michigan +2 L 24-45
Troy +18 L 7-35

Collectively 8 games, 8 losses straight up and ATS. And only one game (Akron v. UAB) was even close to the line. This game is likely both teams only chance at a win for the season. Have an auto-play against UMASS this year, but can't pull the trigger on Akron as a 7 point road favorite. No doubt the game will decided in some agonizingly awful fashion (e.g., a blocked PAT taken back for 2 points or an onside kick getting taken to the house). Gameday should've headed to UMASS for this debacle.

I have a friend who is a UMass fan that watches all of their games. Poor guy.

Of course, I watch every Wake basketball game... So yeah.

Back