• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I believe they were up 14-0 on Rutgers halfway through the first quarter in the opener too

He was telling me the other day that since being up 21-7 on Rutgers, they've been outscored 150-21. (ETA: That math doesn't check out, but who cares)

That's terrible.

Anyone like anything tonight? Weird to have a decent matchup on a Thursday night.

Lean toward Navy +11 against Memphis tonight. Probably would not take the game if it was include among all of the others on Saturday, but Navy is much improved this year. Don't love the game because: a) it's a revenge spot for Memphis as Navy upset them last year, and b) don't like taking teams that have a week off to prep for the option. Much easier to defend with time to prepare. Even so, think Navy stays under the number.

No play on the NFL game. Even at 3-0 the Packers have not been super-impressive, and the Eagles are beset by injuries. If I had to take the game, I would go under 46, but I'm passing.

Lean toward Navy +11 against Memphis tonight. Probably would not take the game if it was include among all of the others on Saturday, but Navy is much improved this year. Don't love the game because: a) it's a revenge spot for Memphis as Navy upset them last year, and b) don't like taking teams that have a week off to prep for the option. Much easier to defend with time to prepare. Even so, think Navy stays under the number.

No play on the NFL game. Even at 3-0 the Packers have not been super-impressive, and the Eagles are beset by injuries. If I had to take the game, I would go under 46, but I'm passing.

Was looking that Navy/Memphis game tonight... My read is that Navy is not as good as most think and Memphis w/ that revenge factor (and extra time to prepare) is likely going to roll them. I'm staying away...

The NFL line tonight just seems weird to me... Line moved toward Philly after the injury updates yesterday (which were bad). Feels like GB should be more like a 6 point favorite to me. So, because I'm weird, I lean Philly.

I'll probably stay away from both... Have to pick the NFL game for my pool, so I'll likely take Philly unless someone I respect talks me out of it between now and then.

I like packers to win by a TD or so but not enough to bet it.

With Memphis not touching but like them by 14-17. Agree that Navy is overrated and Memphis is underrated. Memphis is probably a top 20 team. I like them to be the G5 rep in the New Year’s Day Six.

Who is overrating Navy?

They are coming off a 3-10 season and they were only a seven point favorite over ECU in their only FBS game this year (Navy won 42-10). It's not like Navy is a public team with a bunch of followers who blindly bet on them regardless of opponent.

Who is overrating Navy?

They are coming off a 3-10 season and they were only a seven point favorite over ECU in their only FBS game this year (Navy won 42-10). It's not like Navy is a public team with a bunch of followers who blindly bet on them regardless of opponent.

They are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games and for whatever reason, the public seems to be on them tonight. I often hear people heap praise on Ken Niumatalolo, as well.

But yeah, it's not like you're taking the New England Patriots at home.

62% of bets on Navy per sportsinsights. Unusual for a dog to say the least.

I'd agree the common thought here would be that the spread seems awful big, and you usually (though not always) don't want to be on the side of that initial reaction

Memphis covering for now with five minutes left. And yes the public has been all over Navy this year

Memphis covering for now with five minutes left. And yes the public has been all over Navy this year

Navy out first-downed (20-12), out-gained (373-301) and out-possessed Memphis (39-21). Memphis was lucky to win the game; the cover was a miraculous, they covered because Navy missed a PAT, a FG and Memphis took back a kick for a TD.

Navy out first-downed (20-12), out-gained (373-301) and out-possessed Memphis (39-21). Memphis was lucky to win the game; the cover was a miraculous, they covered because Navy missed a PAT, a FG and Memphis took back a kick for a TD.

I lose more games like this than I win, so if I had actually wagered on the game, I wouldn't feel like I didn't deserve it.

Running back a kick for a TD isn't really luckier than completing a 60-yard pass for a TD. Memphis also ran for a 75-yard TD on its first play from scrimmage. Two TDs, no first downs, ten seconds of possession. Maybe Navy should work on its big play defense and special teams coverage to prevent such luck.

Right, Nostradamus, so, break down the special teams play for the games tonight and tomorrow, who is taking kicks back for TDs?

I'm sure all of those that back Memphis last night were counting on both a Memphis KO return for a TD and Navy's missed PAT, which kept the game from pushing.

seems like random bad shit can happen to you when you bet money on 18-22 year olds playing a sport with an oblong ball

Right, Nostradamus, so, break down the special teams play for the games tonight and tomorrow, who is taking kicks back for TDs?

I'm sure all of those that back Memphis last night were counting on both a Memphis KO return for a TD and Navy's missed PAT, which kept the game from pushing.

So how much did you lose on Navy last night, salty guy ?

I like Duke to win straight up tonight. VT seems like a mess right now, Duke has a better qb and better coaching.

I'm not seeing much I like this weekend. Probably a lot of 0.5 units for grins.

KSU +4 Ok. State
AZ -6.5 UCLA
LAC -15 MIA
LAR -9 TB
Giants/Skins O49

Back