• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Have a small same game parlay for the Sox starting in 10 minutes for a fun way to watch. Had a boost available for it so figured may as well toss some beer money on it:

No run first inning
Ohtani 7+ Ks
Angels ML

Pays out at +408. No way this misses right?!

Have a small same game parlay for the Sox starting in 10 minutes for a fun way to watch. Had a boost available for it so figured may as well toss some beer money on it:

No run first inning
Ohtani 7+ Ks
Angels ML

Pays out at +408. No way this misses right?!
2011-07-27_140332_medium.jpg

of the day

just imagine if you had hit on the first inning but lost the parlay because of the rain delay. blessing in disguise.
Yeah checking the radar it looked like it was going to hold off raining after they got started and I figured weather would still help out Ohtani. Oh well we live and we learn

They should really stop allowing him to officiate CP3 games even with just the appearance of impropriety given their public back and forths

Scott Foster has been known to be the NBA's "fixer" for a long time. When the NBA wants a series extended or has an interest in one team winning (e.g., Lakers or Warriors), just amazing how often Foster works that key game. FWIW, Foster reffed game 1 of the Lakers/Griz series. The thing is would think the NBA would want the Suns to win tonight.

So Pilch, is your contention that Foster is calling this game in order to assure a Suns victory?

I'm not really going to wager on this game... I just think it is an interesting setup.

Would think that the NBA would want Kevin Durant's 2023 playoff stint to last more than 4 or 5 games.

Would think that the NBA would want Kevin Durant's 2023 playoff stint to last more than 4 or 5 games.

An angry, disappointed KD can fuel months of offseason rumors.

Wake -305 at home against Liberty today. Right on the edge of “is there any value at all” for a midweek contest.

Yeah yesterday was a bad day for some top 25 teams:

LSU lost to Louisiana
Vandy lost to Indiana State
Stanford lost to Sacramento State
Louisville lost to Indiana
UConn lost to Northeastern
UCLA lost to Irvine
Southern Miss lost to LT
Oregon lost to Portland
UTSA lost to Texas State

Only bet I have so far on the Zurich Classic is Xander/Cantlay top 10 at -150. That was up to -200 already this morning. I don't see anyway they miss the 33 team cut and think -150 was solid odds for them to top 10.

-150 implied odds are 60% and Datagolf has their top ten odds at 65.4% so I think there's value for sure

Only bet I have so far on the Zurich Classic is Xander/Cantlay top 10 at -150. That was up to -200 already this morning. I don't see anyway they miss the 33 team cut and think -150 was solid odds for them to top 10.

-150 implied odds are 60% and Datagolf has their top ten odds at 65.4% so I think there's value for sure
Did a Kitayama/Montgomery & Taylor/Hadwin so far.

The Kims and Suh/Theegala stood out for value. I mean I'm not betting a golf team +300 to win which is what X/Cantlay are. They very well may win but I don't see them winning 35% of the time or whatever - too high variance a sport.

Sweating out 2 units on the Wake ML more than I expected to. This is why the value isn't that good! I'll have to check back over the numbers but believe this will put me right around +10 units for the season just on Wake moneyline bets.

Back