• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Kinda liking a little on the over at Wrigley tonight—Dodgers @ Cubs. Wind blowing out 18mph and both starters with horrible era.

Bump.

I think Houston's offense should still be fine overall and that they're roughly equal to UTSA. I'll give Houston the nod at home, especially since I think UTSA getting a touch more respect off of last season than a team in their position otherwise would.

Also think Houston goes over 4.5 wins for the season.

Stanford took care of business. I’ve always said you have to take the chance to fire on ACC schools playing the day it’s announced they’re coming into the conference. Lost Louisville -7.5 on the late GT touchdown but got Stanford -3 and the favorites ML parlay for a positive day.

Here’s to todays slate being a blast! Got a couple more promos popped up for the college football weekend so I may add a couple more smaller bets

How does what happened today change how you bet Colorado games?

How does what happened today change how you bet Colorado games?
I probably just won't bet them for the next couple weeks to see where sort of settle. The Nebraska-Colorado game next week promises absolute chaos. Can't imagine a better week 2 matchup for those two respective teams after their week ones.

Lost TCU -20.5 today plus a noon parlay that had TCU included, but hit Liberty -8 with a 2 unit bonus bet and am closing in on hitting Washington -14 so we're a little bit ahead going intto the evening window where I have most of my bets. I generally don't bet parlays other than throwing $1 down with friends on weird stuff, but with some parlay insurance/bonus bets to kick off the season from some books I've played three so far and hit two so that's probably it for me on the parlay game this year.

ULM +8.5
Wazzu-Colo St. U56.5
Houston +105
Baylor-TXST U60.5
Penn State -21

Let's make some memories in week one friends

Had the under Baylor figuring they were going to score plenty and generally be stout defensively. They’re getting absolutely worked at home by Texas State in the first half.

Penn State -21 hits because Franklin doesn’t kneel on last three plays and instead runs QB draw with 6 seconds left. So damn lucky lol

As a public service announcement, this is a good time to see if there has been any movement in conference championship odds for teams like Texas Tech, TCU, and Baylor. A little sprinkle on overreactions can pay off. I happened to be in Vegas the week after Alabama lost to Ole Miss in 2015 and I was able to get national championship odds of something like 9-1. Helped pay for our February vacation the next year.

Penn State -21 hits because Franklin doesn’t kneel on last three plays and instead runs QB draw with 6 seconds left. So damn lucky lol
I was going back and forth with WVU covering and decided not to pull the trigger because I didn’t know much about the mountaineers. Would have been so pissed.

Wake has already been bet from 10.5 to 12.5 on DK and FD. I got Wake right at open fortunately. I think it settles around 12.5 to 13.5. Basically did exactly what I expected: opened at 10.5 but moved towards the 13.5 or so I thought it SHOULD be

Borna Gojo is +1500 to beat Djokovic tonight. Which is almost assuredly throwing money away, but seems like the Demon Deacon thing to do

Let's keep running that football and punting guys. Eyes on the (under 39.5) prize.

The good news is I don't think Northwestern is going to score without a turnover or special teams play and I don't think Rutgers will hit 40 themselves.

Purdue opened -3.5 and is now +3. I think there’s some overreaction to their loss to Fresno
wanting to see more advanced numbers come in here, but I'm also really hoping this gets over 3 for Purdue. The name Fresno State obviously gets people but they've won 10 games back to back years, probably win 10 again this year, and had a pretty solid group of receivers coming into this game. Only question was Mikey Keene and he passed that test. Don't think VT is near as good through the air as Fresno

Several games where Vegas has a team favored that I don’t think should be. I’ll probably fire at least a couple:

UAB +6.5 (at Georgia Southern)
Purdue +3 (at VT)
Nebraska +3 (at Colorado)
ECU +3.5 (hosting Marshall)

Nebraska line will keep moving I bet. Public is absolutely all over Colorado. This game promises chaos so I’ll probably stay away but if it gets to like 5.5 or 6…..

Several games where Vegas has a team favored that I don’t think should be. I’ll probably fire at least a couple:

UAB +6.5 (at Georgia Southern)
Purdue +3 (at VT)
Nebraska +3 (at Colorado)
ECU +3.5 (hosting Marshall)

Nebraska line will keep moving I bet. Public is absolutely all over Colorado. This game promises chaos so I’ll probably stay away but if it gets to like 5.5 or 6…..
That Ecu line is so bizarre. I thought Ecu did a lot of good things vs Michigan. Marshall had to erase a 10 point deficit late to squeak by the Great Danes of Albany.

State is 4-0 as underdogs in Carter Finley since 2020, and Hartman had 3 picks there last year. Could be something.

Another couple interesting lines/thoughts. Alabama opened -6.5 on most sites and stayed there for a long time (almost got to even money before it kicked up to 7). This makes me think Vegas felt very good at their 6.5 to place it half a point below a touchdown knowing the public would be all over a home Alabama. Line now to -7.5

Houston, coming off a toss up win over UTSA, is -9.5 at Rice. Rice played well against Texas in the first half and ultimately covered the 35.5 but even with Houston projected to have a down year I’ve got that line closer to 14 than single digits.

Back