• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I've got five already for this week:

Wake -10.5
Purdue +3
ECU +3.5
UAB +6.5
Houston -9.5

Watching lines on a few other games. Wake is available at -10 on DK now.

I couldn't bring myself to bet UAB ML but I think UAB is better than Georgia Southern even on the road.

I would not bet UAB this year under any circumstances. Trent Dilfer is a clown. Will be surprised if he's still coaching the Blazers past next season.

Not sure if it’s been posted on this board anywhere but I highly recommend Billy Walters new book “The Gambler”. Been listening to audiobook a few weeks during my daily 9 hole walking round.

Austin Mock has Vandy +10.5 as a best bet of the week (with some cursory-at-best analysis):

From a final score perspective, it looks like Wake Forest took care of business against Elon last week, but that was aided by a pick-six and an Elon interception inside the 10-yard-line. Vanderbilt will be a step up in class this week. Wake Forest is going to feel the loss of Sam Hartman against an SEC foe. There’s just no way Wake should be laying more than double digits in this game. This game opened up Wake Forest -14 and I wouldn’t be shocked to see this keep trickling down as the week goes on.

I don't claim to be an expert nor do I say this is authoritative, but I watched every snap of the Vandy-Hawaii game as well as the Wake-Elon game and then watched the first half of the Vandy-Alabama A&M game (which was not their best effort). So all in all I missed Vandy's best half of the year - when they pulled away from a SWAC team they led 12-3 at half.

Wake is plainly better than Vanderbilt who was lucky to beat Hawaii (two drives started deep in Hawaii territory, Hawaii failed to score twice inside the 25, Vandy took a kickoff back, and Hawaii outgained Vandy by 100 yards). Vanderbilt's secondary is very bad. Wake's receivers should eat that up and I expect several chunk plays. Vanderbilt does have some talent at skill positions on offense and I think that's where the major matchups should be to see if it's a 2 touchdown win or a little bit closer down the stretch.

If Griffis comes out ready to play this has 35-20 or 38-20 all over it.

I don't put a lot of stock into early season one-off games (especially against FCS teams) but SP+ had Wake's adjusted margin post-game as a 33 point win. Outgained Elon handily yards per play plus Elon had a pick six. Wake's performance against Elon wasn't earth shattering but as Mock said, Wake took care of business.

Do you have a family member who plays for Vandy or Alabama A&M?

I just like to know what we’re getting into ahead of time
Ah. So a scout.

I think it's hilarious a neutral fan watched a vs. FCS game. I watched Wake's FCS game and if an FCS team is beating a P5 team. That's it.

well I was only gonna watch the first few minutes and then Alabama A&M took half the first quarter on their opening drive and it was only 5-3 at the end of the quarter.

Injury news:
App St QB Burger hand injury could miss 3-4 weeks
Baylor QB Shapen MCL could miss 2-3 weeks
Ohio QB Rourke still questionable
UVa QB Muskett questionable

Got a few already
New Mex St +11
UConn +3
Ga Sou -6.5
ODU +7

Liking Syracuse -23
Michigan -36.5
OK -16.5

Never done this before because I’ve usually used DraftKings which automatically drops cash out slightly once a bet is placed, but fanduel had a full cash out available on a bet where I had the same odds as when I took it (Wake -10.5) so I cashed that out at full value and fired on DK at -10. I obviously don’t intend to do it regularly but found this particularly odd. I had Wake -10.5 thinking the line would move worst case to 11.5 or so but it sat at -10 all day yesterday DK

Back