• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

May fire on Clemson to win the ACC. Looks like it's anywhere from +250 to +500 depending on the book. Don't love that they can win it outright and would likely split at something like 15-5, but may be worth a 5er.

FWIW, KP's current ACC standings projection:

UNC 16-4
Clemson 15-5
Duke 15-5
WF 12-8
UVA 11-9
Miami 11-9
NC State 10-10
VT 10-10
Cuse 9-11
Pitt 9-11
BC 8-12
GT 8-12
FSU 7-13
ND 5-15
L'ville 4-16

Games among top teams:

Clemson plays UNC twice, Duke once (road), WF once (road), UVA once (home), Miami twice
UNC plays Duke twice, Clemson twice, WF once (home), Virginia once (road), Miami twice
Duke plays UNC twice, Clemson once (home), WF twice, Virginia once (home), Miami once (road)
WF plays UNC once (road), Duke twice, Clemson once (home), UVA twice, Miami once (home)
UVA plays UNC once (home), Duke once (road), Clemson once (road), WF twice, Miami once (home)
Miami plays UNC twice, Clemson twice, Duke once (home), WF once (road), UVA once (road)

The schedules all look pretty even among the top teams. Would say Clemson may have the hardest as they play at UNC, at Duke and at WF.

We're close to the 13-7 record at this point after last night. Looks like KP has us going 10.31-7.69 the rest of the way. A win against Miami would get us to that projection.

If we can win the next 3 we are cooking with hot grease for sure, but even 2-1 is .35 above the projection, so let's get it done.

i'm pretty sure wake has covered every spread since the UF game.... and I've bet on most of them

just keep riding this wave of the spread not reflecting efton in the lineup

May fire on Clemson to win the ACC. Looks like it's anywhere from +250 to +500 depending on the book. Don't love that they can win it outright and would likely split at something like 15-5, but may be worth a 5er.

clemson looks good - but for some reason, i just assume they'll run out of gas

Wake is 8-5 ATS this year and has covered 6 of the last 7 (NJIT final spread was -26 and we won by 24)

i'm pretty sure wake has covered every spread since the UF game.... and I've bet on most of them

just keep riding this wave of the spread not reflecting efton in the lineup
WF covered the opening line in each of its last seven (beginning with the FL game). The NJIT and Presby covers depended on when you bet the game as the lines moved in WF's favor after opening.

College basketball is the most beatable sport because there are so many teams and games. Compare it to the NFL where you have only 32 teams and they play once a week. Every detail is known by everyone and baked into the line. If you follow a handful of CBB teams closely, you can get an edge. Everyone here knew the importance of adding Reid, and also, knew WF would play better as the young players who didn't really get much action last year (Boopie, Sallis and Reid) coalesced. WF has been a covering machine since.

A few weeks ago, the NCAA allowed a bunch of two time transfers to play. The teams that added the most talented players because of that ruling are now covering.

Furman at UNCG tonight. Three of Furman's top 6 are out (JP Pegues, Marcus Foster and Alex Williams). Total has dropped, but the under 147.5 is still a good play. UNCG also has injury issues as their best offensive player, Mikeal Brown-Jones has been out. Furman has only seven healthy bodies, including Carter Whitt.

I have hit parlays the past two days. Not sure I've ever done that but going for 3 in a row tonight.

1/1: Bama/Michigan Over 46, Washington/TX Over 61.5, Washington +3.5; Milroe Over 43.5 rushing yards, JJ McCarthy Over 18.5 rushing yards, Blake Corum TD, Isaih Bond Over 3.5 Receptions
1/2: Wisconsin -5.5, Purdue -6.5, Wake -1.5, UNC -4, Duke -14

Parlays for tonight:
(6 teamer) Ohio State -7.5, George Washington -3.5, Georgia Tech +4, Miami +1, UCLA -4.5, NCST -5
(Propfecta) Ja Morant Over 25.5 points, Quickly Over 15.5 points, Myles Turner Over 18.5 Points, Jalen Duren Double/Double

Added some plays from Hawks game since I decided to take Marta over.

Trae dd, Dort over 10.5 pts, Murray over 4.5 assists, Alexander over 4.5 rebounds

I understand that there isn't a lot of money going into these futures markets which explains it, but Wake has longer odds on Draftking to win the title (250-1) and make the Final Four (50-1) than Oklahoma State. Which makes absolutely no sense at all. Given Oklahoma State's OOC schedule and savage Big 12 conference slate, they've basically got to win the Big 12 tournament to have any shot at making the NCAAT barring an insane recovery.

Back