• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

If ODU was a tough spot (note, it was), and GT is a bad matchup, do we have any good matchups left, or do we think this team just isn't going to be very good? I guess GT could end up being better than Pitt, State, or Cuse in the end, as the first 2 have struggled and Cuse is gonna Cuse, but on paper, this should be the most winnable game left on our schedule...

As it stands right now (and this doesn’t mean that Wake wins them all), Wake is better overall than Tech, VT, Pitt and State. Cuse is one of the biggest movers v preseason expectations in the country. Now whether that means they regress to some anchoring or are actually as good as they’ve been playing is something to watch for

My subjective rankings in terms of win likelihood (with gaps!):

• GT
  • Pitt
  • State
  • VT
  • Cuse

- Duke

- FSU

- Clemson

- ND

GT can't stop the run.

L'ville ran for 220+ yards and averaged almost 7 yards a carry; Ole Miss ran for 300 yards and averaged 8 yards a carry. GT's strength (or really less of a weakness) is their pass defense. That's where they have the experience and more talented players. Even so, teams have had some success throwing on GT; it's just not as easy as running against the Jackets. Since WF's offensive strength is its receivers, GT has a better chance to defend against WF than a run heavy team like Ole Miss. Also, despite the two losses, QB Haynes King has been good for GT; he can run and throw, which typically give WF trouble. Thought the line would be more than a TD based upon power rating projections, which caused me to give GT an ATS lean, but if the line is 3.5, I like WF unless there are injuries impacting the Deacs.

I mean, I think we're a 6-7 win team in a slightly above average conference, which usually results in a lot of toss-up games when you enter conference play.

We have 3 basically non-winnable games (ok call it 2.5 if you think we can get FSU again), and then roughly 4 toss-up games, and one a piece (Tech in our favor, Duke in their favor) where we have an "expected" result.

SP+ has Wake -14, the line opened at -8, and is now touching on 4.

I think something is going on aside from just early sharp line movement.

SP+ has Wake -14, the line opened at -8, and is now touching on 4.

I think something is going on aside from just early sharp line movement.
SP+ has been a weird barometer for betting lines so far with Wake.

Know for a fact it's used in Vegas' power ratings but both Vandy and ODU moved against Wake pretty much the same amount and both through key numbers.

Under 39.5 saints panthers is intriguing. Panthers don’t appear to be able to move the ball very well. Will either team hit 20? Maybe a 24-13 type game where it’s 13-7 at the half or something

Finding George Pickens over 3.5 catches tonight to have value. With Johnson out, I'd expect him to get 8-10 targets. Wouldn't be surprised to cash this one by halftime.

Yeah - he was targeted 7 times last week (5 catches) and Johnson played a good bit of that game.

Think that's an excellent bet.

Good look. While I doubt it hits, I just got Watson and Pickett to each have over 1.5 passing TDs at +600. Seems like good value.

I was at Ole Miss/GT game Saturday. I couldn't believe how well GT ran the ball. GT had the game really close. Lane train tacked on some late ones for no reason.

GT had some real breakdowns in their secondary. Hope we chuck it deep a few times.

Back