• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

FWIW, Boozer's been really good this year. Certainly not as good as Pau, but that's obviously off the table now. The Raps are super thin up front and probably need a decent role model for Jonas. I guess the Bulls figure Gibson is a decent enough replacement for Boozer in the short term? I feel like any legit production out of Bargs this season is found money.

Lowry-Derozan-Gay-Boozer-Jonas with Fields, Amir Johnson and Alan Anderson off the bench isn't really that bad of a lineup.

Totally forgot about Jonas. Terrence Ross could turn into something as well. Definitely not a bad roster, just think they're handcuffing themselves a bit too much.

The Raptors are setting themselves up for a 3 year run where they're about the 4 or 5 seed in the East. They'll never get past the second round of the playoffs this way. I don't know why they didn't wait out Ed Davis and try and build around him, Jonas and Ross.

Drop that far? I'm on my phone, but wasn't he drafted in the top 6? The only real dumb pick in those top picks was Thomas Robinson.

Entire clippers team is back in action tonight as Bosh and Wade and Ray Ray have the flu.

Still not seeing how the Raps are setting themselves up for a 4-5 seed. Miami, Indiana, NYK, Nets and Chicago aren't going anywhere and I'm not sure I like the TOR roster more than ATL, Bos, WSH, CLE, DET, 76ers, MIL projecting forward.

TOR's best player is Kyle Lowry, and the rest of the team are ineffective long 2 point shooters. I imagine they're fighting more for the 8 seed.

Also he's one of those people who think they're legit comedians and try so hard to be comedians and in reality nothing they ever say or do is funny. And those are the worst kind of people, IMO

Entire clippers team is back in action tonight as Bosh and Wade and Ray Ray have the flu.

Still not seeing how the Raps are setting themselves up for a 4-5 seed. Miami, Indiana, NYK, Nets and Chicago aren't going anywhere and I'm not sure I like the TOR roster more than ATL, Bos, WSH, CLE, DET, 76ers, MIL projecting forward.

TOR's best player is Kyle Lowry, and the rest of the team are ineffective long 2 point shooters. I imagine they're fighting more for the 8 seed.

TOR roster, with Boozer, is better than WAS, CLE, DET and arguably PHI and MIL.

Also, I find it hilarious that people still assume that terrible teams only make moves to cement championships. For some of these bottom-dwellers, it's not title or bust. Toronto has been so horrible for so long that the franchise is probably just as motivated to be mediocre and in the playoff picture than a world beater.

its not like kobe started calling him out out of the blue. this has been brewing all season because dwight is a giant poon. its not about the shoulder, its about dwight's commitment to basketball versus the persona he tries to build for himself/being a wuss.

Yeah, because Kobe would never throw someone under the bus to advance his own persona?

the only person on the lakers who likes dwight is pau. maybe its just the local coverage... but i can't stand dwight anymore. he's really really obnoxious.

the only person on the lakers who likes dwight is pau. maybe its just the local coverage... but i can't stand dwight anymore. he's really really obnoxious.

It's the local coverage. You really think he's less likable now compared to this time last year?

yeah i think so because this year is just a continuation of his tired act from last year. he got his way and forced a trade and now he's still annoying. just his personality bothers me... the way he thinks he's funny and is always making lame ass jokes that aren't funny at all. also - please lose the headband!

I mean, it's not like he's the first dude to do that. If he pulls a Melo, he comes out smelling like a rose. But he's been hampered by a string of injuries, chemistry is awful, playing with Kobe is insufferable if you're not a pushover, the media in LA turned on him, and he's still in an untenable contract situation. I think the stuff last year was him being a baby and an act to get his way. I think this year he's still a baby, but it's not an act. I think he's legitimately depressed (for good reason), and that makes me a little sad for him. Not saying he doesn't deserve what he got. Not saying I'm unhappy that the Lakers are dogshit this year (I think I have a greater vested interest than most around here that the Lakers play like dogshit). I just feel a little bad for the guy. And, despite how you might feel about his persona or his lame headband, having Dwight Howard be Dwight Howard is good for the league. So that's a little sad.

Maybe I'm delusional, I dunno.

Back