• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

TOR roster, with Boozer, is better than WAS, CLE, DET and arguably PHI and MIL.

Also, I find it hilarious that people still assume that terrible teams only make moves to cement championships. For some of these bottom-dwellers, it's not title or bust. Toronto has been so horrible for so long that the franchise is probably just as motivated to be mediocre and in the playoff picture than a world beater.

I get the mediocre can be entertaining for some fan bases argument, only 1 team in 30 gets to win a championship, so all things even I'd rather have a consistently entertaining team than a crappy team 90% of the time to get my title every 30 years. Washington with Wall healthy is actually a scrappy little team and playing well.

And just projecting futures I like Monroe/Drummond on DET and Kyrie on CLE alot more than I like anything TOR has, so I think 2 years down the road those teams are likely better because they have a better foundation.

I totally think Dwight was faking the shoulder injury. I watched on replays a ton to try to see the play against Memphis where he had to take himself out, and there was nothing

I went to a Lakers game earlier this year (the tix were free palma - don't worry) and saw Dwight miss a wide open alley oop dunk and started laughing and smiling. They were down by 20+ to the Bobcats. I thought Kobe was going to strangle him on the spot.

Also he's one of those people who think they're legit comedians and try so hard to be comedians and in reality nothing they ever say or do is funny. And those are the worst kind of people, IMO

See also: Shaq.

Just checked into Hyatt House in CLT for the game. Stadium is literally next door. Go lake show.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360355330104.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360355330104.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
Another thing that frustrates me about Dwight is that his offense does not seem to have progressed much over the course of his career. He's one of the most physically gifted humans in world history and he's rarely a consistent force on offense over any meaningful stretch.

I went to a Lakers game earlier this year (the tix were free palma - don't worry) and saw Dwight miss a wide open alley oop dunk and started laughing and smiling. They were down by 20+ to the Bobcats. I thought Kobe was going to strangle him on the spot.

I saw the Lakers play the Wiz back in December when I was in DC for work and it was just a horrendous game.

Another thing that frustrates me about Dwight is that his offense does not seem to have progressed much over the course of his career. He's one of the most physically gifted humans in world history and he's rarely a consistent force on offense over any meaningful stretch.

Yep. Rudimentary offensive skills at best.

This is probably a good time to post the recent JVG rant against Dwight.

Yep. Rudimentary offensive skills at best.

People say this all the time because he doesn't have a great back to the basket game, but it's just not true.

He used to be a MONSTER pick and roll player - one of the best ever. He has a great feel for that, and his aggressiveness and athleticism (and ability to finish around the rim) made him extremely efficient. In 2010-2011 he scored 23ppg on nearly 60% shooting from the floor. No matter the athletic freak you are (and he clearly was one), you still have to have quite a lot of skill to score that much with that efficiency in the NBA.

He's a victim of expectation on this point. He's not Kareem or Hakeem, so he must just fucking suck on offense. It's patently ridiculous.

Word

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360366362385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360366362385.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
Ill take CPs minutes.

Also rep will be coming for last nights props. I still have to spread around before I can get back to people.

Is Bmoney gonna be ok when the Lakers lose tonight? He seems like a sensible dude about these things, but a loss to the Bobcats may permanently break the Lakers this season.

Back