• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

wow that ed davis contract is cheap as crap. good deal.

That trade machine trade right there is exactly why the Grizz did it. Maybe we can expect more PER related moves from John Hollinger in Memphis

although the trade machine says prince has 3 years left and its daye with 1?

Oh snap I guess Prince does have 3 years left. 2 more seasons at 7+ million after this year.

Thought I read that it was an expiring on twitter. Maybe confused with Maggette who was a potential target.

Still money savings though:

@KBergCBS
Rudy Gay trade saves Memphis $5.8M this season and $26.4M over three years -- actually, a multiple of that figure given luxury tax.

Saves them money but unless they trade Z-Bo and get a top SF/SG and Davis blossoms, it weakens the team. They will only have exception money next year even without Gay.

Unless they get something strong back for Z-Bo, this is not a good trade for this year and next.

yeah maggette's deal expires this year (btw dude makes $10.9mm this year - barf)

prince has 2.5 years left, all locked in (no player or team options in there)

rudy gay does have a little melo in him in that he seems to get baskets at the end of close games when they're hard to come by. probably his best asset as a player.

meh - the grizz were almost better without rudy most of the time

yeah maggette's deal expires this year (btw dude makes $10.9mm this year - barf)

prince has 2.5 years left, all locked in (no player or team options in there)

rudy gay does have a little melo in him in that he seems to get baskets at the end of close games when they're hard to come by. probably his best asset as a player.

He's had a lot of game winning shots vs the Clips lately, never seem to go in though

i still want no part of the grizz in the playoffs. prince is going to be a pain in the ass on defense with that squad.

Was about to comment on that, then I went to Hollinger's info page on Prince and it said they're giving up 7 more points per 100 with him on the floor?

6-7 years ago Tayshun was a great defender. Not so much any more....

Our boy needs to learn how fact or fiction works

3. Fact or Fiction: Deron Williams is a top-five point guard.

Haberstroh: Fact, if we only go by healthy point guards. Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Stephen Curry and Rajon Rondo rank higher on my if-healthy list, along with Kyrie Irving, Tony Parker and Russell Westbrook. And you can probably throw Jrue Holiday in there, too. I'll say Williams sneaks in ahead of Damian Lillard and Mike Conley thanks to his strong play of late.

Either that or his counting.

Of healthy point guards he has D-Will at #7. Of all point guards he has him at #9.

So not sure how he gets top 5 out of that, I don't think he reread that comment.

Either that or his counting.

Of healthy point guards he has D-Will at #7. Of all point guards he has him at #9.

So not sure how he gets top 5 out of that, I don't think he reread that comment.

Seriously?

Rose, Paul, Curry, Rondo - All injured
1. Irving
2. Parker
3. Westbrook
4. Holiday
5. Williams
6. Conley

Seriously?

Rose, Paul, Curry, Rondo - All injured
1. Irving
2. Parker
3. Westbrook
4. Holiday
5. Williams
6. Conley

Eh, Paul's injury is day to day, isn't it? Didn't realize Curry was out, I am guessing it's the same kind of deal.

palma, you in on my prop bet?

dragic o/u 24.5 points + assists.

get it right, pos rep. wrong, neg rep.

yah curry is out for just like a week. although that dude must have the ankles of a small baby.

Back