• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

I just can't get over the fact that Lawson is on the team. I'm serious. I have this deep hatred for all the Heels in the league. Not as much for the Dukies, for whatever reason.

As a Duke hater (rather than a UNC hater), I just see Lawson as explosive and instinctive. Can totally understand it though. All Dukies are worthless in my eye. Especially Nolan Smith

I suppose if there's one I don't hate that much, it's Ed Davis. He seems like a cool guy, and a good player.

As a Duke hater (rather than a UNC hater), I just see Lawson as explosive and instinctive. Can totally understand it though. All Dukies are worthless in my eye. Especially Nolan Smith

Haha, I'm just so sorry you have Nolan Smith. He's one of those guys that's completely off my radar, like Wayne Ellington (UNC) and Gerald Henderson (Duke).

I do like Shane Battier though.

I suppose if there's one I don't hate that much, it's Ed Davis. He seems like a cool guy, and a good player.

The "I respect you but I still hate you"

Ugh...Shane Battier, the human charge. Saw that a few too many times in the playoffs last year for my tastes

I was about to flip at you liking Shane then remembered he played for the Rockets so that's ok. I actually liked him in college* but in the NBA he's so annoying to me

*I only hate Duke around the week or so that we're playing them. Otherwise it's nice having someone beat on UNC since we usually suck way too much to do it

I was about to flip at you liking Shane then remembered he played for the Rockets so that's ok. I actually liked him in college* but in the NBA he's so annoying to me

*I only hate Duke around the week or so that we're playing them. Otherwise it's nice having someone beat on UNC since we usually suck way too much to do it

Yup, he was just so goddamn likeable for the Rockets. And he's really not much different for other teams. Just hangs out, plays defense, hits threes. Off the court he apparently plays country music on his guitar a lot (wtf?). Such a weird dude--and what's up with that wrinkly head--but he's pretty harmless. Kind of expect him to get into coaching or management some day.

The "I respect you but I still hate you"

Ugh...Shane Battier, the human charge. Saw that a few too many times in the playoffs last year for my tastes

Speaking of human charges, like 5-6 years ago I had this fledgling theory that Varejao was so good at drawing them because of his goddamned hair. Any contact that he exaggerated, his wild afro exaggerated threefold. I'm still convinced that was unfair.

Yup, he was just so goddamn likeable for the Rockets. And he's really not much different for other teams. Just hangs out, plays defense, hits threes. Off the court he apparently plays country music on his guitar a lot (wtf?). Such a weird dude--and what's up with that wrinkly head--but he's pretty harmless. Kind of expect him to get into coaching or management some day.

When he raises his hand in Kobe's face every play and the commentators masturbate over it even while Kobe drains it regardless i get so, so angry

When he raises his hand in Kobe's face every play and the commentators masturbate over it even while Kobe drains it regardless i get so, so angry

DEFENSE, BRAH.

Seriously though, Kobe makes fucking every type of shot. I think Battier has the right idea by just taking away his eyesight.

If the Rockets STILL believe in Dwight Howard and actually try to sign him this offseason, I'll shit a brick.

On one hand, his stats/metrics are still good. On the other hand, he's a fucking team destroyer.

the world would be a better place if Kobe just upped and ended Dwight's career mid-game. Just took it into his own hands and kneecapped him or something. So sick of this guy

Actually kind of feel a little bad for Dwight these days. Never thought that'd happen.

Kobe with zero assists. That passing thing was fun while it lasted.

I wonder who Kobe would say was his favorite teammate over the course of his career. Other than Smush, of course.

Toronto looking to trade Bargs to Bulls for Booz Cruise.

Not sure what Toronto is trying to accomplish here.

First, the contracts: Boozer and Bargs have the same contract length (through '14/'15), but Boozer makes around $4M more per year (Bargs is ~12M, Booz ~16M).

Basically, Toronto would be taking on MORE MONEY to be in, pretty much, the same exact place. As mentioned before, they have almost no cap flexibility, and adding on this contract over Bargs would make it even worse. I'm sorry, but a starting lineup of Lowry, Gay, Boozer, Derozan, Fields is NOT getting you close to a title. You're a 4th/5th seed at best every year. I actually think Boozer is better than advertised, but he can't push them over the top. Why do teams dish out all this cash just to be mediocre?

I can at least see why the Bulls might do this. It would be cheaper to amnesty Bargs than it would for Booz Cruise, if they wanted to go that route anyways.

I sort of want this to happen because I could totally see Thibs murdering Bargnani after his 10th missed defensive rotation. To the best of my knowledge, a player has never been murdered on the court by his coach before, so that could be interesting.

Last edited:
FWIW, Boozer's been really good this year. Certainly not as good as Pau, but that's obviously off the table now. The Raps are super thin up front and probably need a decent role model for Jonas. I guess the Bulls figure Gibson is a decent enough replacement for Boozer in the short term? I feel like any legit production out of Bargs this season is found money.

Lowry-Derozan-Gay-Boozer-Jonas with Fields, Amir Johnson and Alan Anderson off the bench isn't really that bad of a lineup.

MasonJrLayupOverBackboard.gif

Back