• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 MLB POSTSEASON THREAD

Leyland tells everyone not to drive drunk. Good advice.

JK, congrats Townie! I loved Leyland saying that he needs to talk with his starting pitchers about the two earned runs.

Miggy's kid is out cold, and it's adorable.

I'm no Yankees fan, but it is remarkable to see a team-any team-just suddenly stop hitting. It's as if a switch was flipped.

Last edited:
Yeah, that hatred for the Yankees really came out of nowhere!

And saying the Yankees are shitty is laughable.

Pops and I looked at WS tickets last night and they're $500 minimum. If I didn't also have to fly up there, I'd throw my savings into the weekend.

Someone is still butthurt about the O's getting beaten by this shitty Yankees team.

I wish it didn't happen, sure, but I was able to attend Orioles playoff wins in OPACY and Yankee stadium. The Orioles beat the Rangers, a team with the best record in the AL for much of the year, on the road in a one game playoff. I consider that season a success. The O's are gonna be TIGHT next year and are positioned well for the near future.

I thought the Orioles matched up well against the Yanks and were one blown save away from advancing. The season far exceeded my expectations. Next season can't get here soon enough though.

Pops and I looked at WS tickets last night and they're $500 minimum. If I didn't also have to fly up there, I'd throw my savings into the weekend.

should've bought ahead when they were open to the public.

wtf the face values listed on the Tigers website is like twice as much as what a comparable Camden Yards seat would be.

They can pretty easily sell out 40k+ tix, so they can charge a lot.

I was thinking about it driving to work this morning, and I'm really kind of sad that George Steinbrenner is no longer with us. If he were around to see his team (and A-Rod in particular) totally go into the tank, the reaction would have been priceless.

Hating the Yankees just isn't as much fun without you around, George...

Steinbrenner-introduces-not-one-but-two-ET-fingers-to-the-invasive-media.jpg

Don't prices always increase each series?

So is everyone other than matt on Team Townie for the World Series? The Cards are annoying. And I really don't want to spend half the off season talking about how the Cards didn't shut down their guy coming back from Tommy John, and he carried them all the way to the World Series.

Hopefully the Giants can go on a tear. Although I'm not sure I can handle the repeated crazy eyes Hunter Pence pep talks for 7+ more games.

Don't prices always increase each series?

So is everyone other than matt on Team Townie for the World Series? The Cards are annoying. And I really don't want to spend half the off season talking about how the Cards didn't shut down their guy coming back from Tommy John, and he carried them all the way to the World Series.

Hopefully the Giants can go on a tear. Although I'm not sure I can handle the repeated crazy eyes Hunter Pence pep talks for 7+ more games.

It's really hard not to like a guy like Verlander. Amazing pitcher who seems like a down to earth guy. Cabrera likes to drink and Fielder is fat. What's not to like?

It's really hard not to like a guy like Verlander. Amazing pitcher who seems like a down to earth guy. Cabrera likes to drink and Fielder is fat. What's not to like?

I feel like there's something old school about the Tigers. Screw your modern advances in "fitness." Of course the pitchers can pitch complete games. Why wouldn't they drink? They're ballplayers. And now they don't have a closer!

I don't know enough about the history of baseball to judge where the anti-semitism fits in, though.

I feel like there's something old school about the Tigers. Screw your modern advances in "fitness." Of course the pitchers can pitch complete games. Why wouldn't they drink? They're ballplayers. And now they don't have a closer!

I don't know enough about the history of baseball to judge where the anti-semitism fits in, though.

I'm sure that back in the day there were plenty of old ballplayers who hated any religion that wasn't their own. Catholics being prejudice against Protestants, Protastants against Catholics and other sects that aren't their own, Christians against Jews, Jews against Christians. That's just the way America was.

Hell you still have parents who don't want their Jewish kid marrying a Catholic (or vice versa), an Indian daughter marrying a white man, etc.

Leyland is easily the most likable of the 10 managers in this year's postseason, save for maybe Washington.

Back