• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFC South is going to brutalize itself. I suspect the #1 team will go 4-2 at best.

Pretty sure that happened to someone this year.

Second straight year we get the Giants at home in Week 3. They have @ Dallas and vs. Denver before us so surely they'll be looking for a W. Don't anticipate that one going well for us yet again

Houston and Indianapolis played in Week 15 and Week 17 last year, so it's not unprecedented.

Second time in 3 years we have the hardest schedule in the league. Fuck that. Looks like another season of heartache. But, you better believe I will be drunk as hell at the Pats MNF game in Charlotte. Last time I was at a MNF game was 2008 against Tampa Bay and that was one of the most fun football experiences I have ever had.

I hope we draft Austin just so we have a crazy dynamic offense. I don't see us squeaking into the playoffs regardless. Too many tough games being matched up with the NFC west and playing the Saints and Falcons twice. Not to mention the Pats.

I remember that game; we were both like 9-3 and beat the shit out of them. I miss being good.

Never been to MNF, but i went to a SNF in 09 when we beat Vikings. The atmosphere of a prime-time NFL game is pretty amazing.

The Tampa game in 08 was a sweet game. Wasn't there, but damn that made me think we were headed back to the Super Bowl. Then the Arizona Cardinals game happened. Fuck.

I was at the SNF game against Minnesota the next year (if it is the one Matt Moore led over Favre's Vikings). Was probably the best win we had all year, since that was the year of realizing Jake was done and we needed a new QB.

supposedly our draft board is:

Sheldon Richardson
Tavon Austin
Xavier Rhodes
Kenny Vaccaro
Assuming that's in order, I'd move Vaccaro up (just because Nakamura makes me want to blow chunks) but I wouldn't be displeased with any of those four. I really like Richardson though. Hope he falls to us.

Anybody going to the draft party at the stadium next Saturday? Luuuuuuke and the draft class of 2012 will be there, plus all the usual food/beer tents, live music, locker room tours, etc.

Anybody going to the draft party at the stadium next Saturday? Luuuuuuke and the draft class of 2012 will be there, plus all the usual food/beer tents, live music, locker room tours, etc.

Is it fun?

I have a ridiculous bad run of being out of town when the Panthers play in Tampa. I've only been in town twice in 10 years. This year, I have a conference during the Thursday nighter. Even if it was on Sunday, I'll probably still be in Miami after the Wake game.

Rumors are that the 49ers are targeting someone in the mid first and are looking to move up. If we traded down with them it would probably be for #31 overall and #34 overall. That is roughly equal in draft points. I would do it if they can and draft a DT-S-WR in some combo of 31-34-44.

Rumors are that the 49ers are targeting someone in the mid first and are looking to move up. If we traded down with them it would probably be for #31 overall and #34 overall. That is roughly equal in draft points. I would do it if they can and draft a DT-S-WR in some combo of 31-34-44.

Certainly are no sure things in the middle of the 1st.

I have a ridiculous bad run of being out of town when the Panthers play in Tampa. I've only been in town twice in 10 years. This year, I have a conference during the Thursday nighter. Even if it was on Sunday, I'll probably still be in Miami after the Wake game.

Darnit. If it changes let me know. Wife and I are planning on driving down for the game & weekend.

Is it fun?
Never been. The Back To Football parties they have (which are similar I'm told) are pretty fun. Although the Back To Football parties have actual football - scrimmages, practice, etc. But meeting Kuechly would be cool.

When do we start to get an extension for Cam together?

I wonder about this too. I would think sometime next offseason, but what kind of money would we be willing to give him, particularly if we don't make the playoffs this year or even improve in terms of the number of wins? But that said, he's far and away the biggest star and best player (at least on offense) on the team and we'd go back to being completely irrelevant if we can't extend him.

Interesting article in the Observer this morning entitled "Charlotte leaders in February believed Panthers were looking into 2013 sale."

As Charlotte City Council debated in February whether to give the Carolina Panthers money for stadium renovations, the city attorney believed the team might be sold and moved if members turned the team down.

Transcripts of closed meetings released Tuesday also show the city and team tangled over the Panthers’ tax burden, the length of a contractual agreement to keep the Panthers in Charlotte, and even over a proposal that the city build the team a parking deck.

At the Feb. 8 meeting, the documents show that City Attorney Bob Hagemann told council members that a Panthers representative had said owner Jerry Richardson did not rule out selling the team to someone who could move the Panthers.

Hagemann told council members that Billy Moore, an attorney, told him the council could not wait until its Feb. 18 meeting to decide.

“I said, ‘Does that have anything to do with the Feb. 15 date the NFL has set (for teams to announce they are seeking permission to relocate)?’ ” Hagemann said. “Billy laughed and said I can’t confirm that, but it is very perceptive.”

Full story: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...elieved-panthers-eyed-sale.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back