• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha theres nothing wrong with the dudes ethnicity.. hes just slow and i havent seen him play too well to start for a team that wants to do better than 7-9

I think you missed my point but yes, I agree, he is not good.

James Anderson cut.... $4.2mm in dead money this year

And Captain is likely going to the Dolphins or Browns. Personally... I think these are all good moves, we need to clean house and get on a 2-3 year plan.

That's a lot of money for what should be a backup linebacker. He had good stats because he plays behind our defensive line. I'd be thrilled to see Kuechly's tackling numbers go way down.

Anderson, 29, had signed a five-year, $22 million extension in 2011 with $8.5 million guaranteed.

The 4th best LBer on a team should never get 8.5 mil guaranteed. Thanks, Hurney. Oh and I am going to blame Ron on this one too as he was around when it happened.

And Captain is likely going to the Dolphins or Browns. Personally... I think these are all good moves, we need to clean house and get on a 2-3 year plan.

I'm curious if Gettleman is selling off because he doesn't think we can win now with Rivera. The Year 2 plan should include a new coach.

The 4th best LBer on a team should never get 8.5 mil guaranteed. Thanks, Hurney. Oh and I am going to blame Ron on this one too as he was around when it happened.

Yeah, that was during the spending spree after the lockout ended. I am guessing when signed Kuechly was playing at BC, Beason's achilles was shredded and Davis had just torn his ACL for a 3rd time, so it actually made more sense than some of the other crap they did.

It's really unfortunate that none of the FA's on the market really fill a need for the Panthers (mainly DT or WR), but would anyone else mind seeing Charles Woodson suit up for a year or two in Black and Blue? We could use a safety, and I think he's as valuable an asset as they come when teaching in the secondary, seeing as he's been a pro bowler at both CB and Safety.

Also thought Harvin would have been worth a first round DP considering Shariff Floyd just had to go and destroy the combine and get on everyone's radar (felt like he was far and away the best DT in the draft at the end of the season.) Harvin would have been a perfect successor for Steve Smith, and would also really help our PR problems. Obviously the only question would be is he worth the injury risk. I personally think we have enough other weapons on offense to where we wouldn't have had to work him to death.

Victor Cruz is also a restricted FA with a first round pick tied to him...I think I could turn the hate to love.

My last thought is that if we're already getting rid of so many guys, then is there any way we could package something and maybe trade up if Floyd happened to fall past, say, 8? Or do we just wait and gamble that A: Lotulelei is still available, and B: Lotulelei's heart condition isn't serious?

Last edited:
We really need to trade down this year, not up. We have 2 picks in the first 3 rounds with the Frank Alexander trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back