• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - That was great.

Anyone wanna share who they think in this draft is a can't miss, future star? Noel?

That's a tough one. I think one of the first round projected Euros will emerge as an all-star. My gut tells me that it'll be one of the wildcards like Saric, but I really love Dennis Schroeder.

Outside of that, I think Noel and Anthony Bennett are the only other guys who have star-potential in this draft.

Last edited:
Holy shit some dude from Fresno Pacific is entering the draft? I had no idea they had a basketball team. I took online classes the past year at that school to try to get my level 2 teaching cert.

Maybe 3. That said, I think there's more NBA-caliber rotation players top-to-bottom in this draft than in others. Lots of value, especially as you move deeper into the first and second rounds. More and more teams are using second round picks strategically these days, which has really paid off.

And to RJ - I think Bullock will be a low first round pick (25-30). I included him because jaybone brought up David Lee, projected as a consensus second round pick who went 30th.

Agreed with this also.

Those 2nds can be a big deal. I'll vouch for the Rockets here. Picking up Chandler Parsons and Chase Budinger were huge pickups in the 2nd. There is talent there. You just have to be smart.

Agreed with this also.

Those 2nds can be a big deal. I'll vouch for the Rockets here. Picking up Chandler Parsons and Chase Budinger were huge pickups in the 2nd. There is talent there. You just have to be smart.

Though y'all didn't draft him, Patrick Beverly is a really good example, too. For teams that draft intelligently and strategically, there is a ton of value in the second round. It's usually harder to trace these developments unless you're really interested in international ball, but a lot of these guys remain viable options for teams long after guys picked between 15-30 wash out of the league. Oftentimes, it's not that they're not good enough, but rather that financial and playing opportunities are better overseas, versus what they'd make as a mid to low-end rotation player on a minimum contract in the NBA.

Beverley is a great example indeed.

Supposedly the Rockets weren't the only team who knew Beverley was a good player though. They were just the only team who was willing to pay his buyout from Russia. I think Daryl Morey openly gives the credit to the owner, Les Alexander, and not himself.

Thanks guys. Wow. I really don't watch much college basketball I guess. Most of these names mean nothing to me. David lee was a 1st round guy? How'd he end up a knick? Forgot chandler parsons was 2nd round

Burke was fun to watch last year.....good luck to the team that selects Bazz.....shit's not going to end well...

And why wouldn't someone take a chance on Withey and draft him a few spots ahead of where he's projected? I'd take him over Len, Plumlee, and Zeller. The dude can ball....one of those guys that may not look real great at a combine, but is always in the middle of shit on the floor...

I think Len is a great player. He's still a little raw, but I think he can be really good. His footwork and hands are excellent. His problem was his guards were black holes this year. There were so many games where he would have great position on the block, and his guards would just chuck it.

Burke was fun to watch last year.....good luck to the team that selects Bazz.....shit's not going to end well...

And why wouldn't someone take a chance on Withey and draft him a few spots ahead of where he's projected? I'd take him over Len, Plumlee, and Zeller. The dude can ball....one of those guys that may not look real great at a combine, but is always in the middle of shit on the floor...

I think Plumlee and Zeller will be drafted way above what they will produce in the NBA.

I'd probably take Dieng as the first big in the draft. I can't remember a college player in the past decade improving as much in one year as he did from 11-12 to 12-13. He's obviously very coachable, picks things up almost immediately, works hard, plays great D, rebounds and is actually a good passer and shooter from 10-15'.

It's nonsense to say, "he's 23 and that hurts him". It's not like he's 30. The guy hasn't been playing that long and has shown constant improvement. I'd love to have him for 7-12 years.

You take Zeller or another "younger" guy. I'll take him and the wins he'll bring me.

Apparently Steven Adams was killing it yesterday. DX has him going 26th to Minnesota. That'd be home run type value. Obviously he'll end up dropping and the Spurs will take him at 28.

Apparently Steven Adams was killing it yesterday. DX has him going 26th to Minnesota. That'd be home run type value. Obviously he'll end up dropping and the Spurs will take him at 28.

Or the Spurs will trade their pick, the rights to Steve Nebraska, a second round pick and some nachos to move up to #15-18 to get him.

I know I'm biased because I see him a lot in the ACC, but DX has Richard Howell going 57th in the draft and that is complete robbery. He has an NBA body, nice touch around the basket, and is a great rebounder. He could be a contributor on playoff teams.

I know I'm biased because I see him a lot in the ACC, but DX has Richard Howell going 57th in the draft and that is complete robbery. He has an NBA body, nice touch around the basket, and is a great rebounder. He could be a contributor on playoff teams.

I think he is too short and not athletic enough to effectively defend the 4 or 5 in the NBA, but we will see.

Craig Smith who played at BC, had a similar build to Howell, but was a MUCH better basketball player than Howell..was picked 36th overall back in the 2nd round. There is little hope for these undersized power forwards (who don't have a freak wingspan) to be drafted high.

So Nerlens is waaaaaaaaaaay too skinny. 6-11, 206. Even Anthony Davis weighed in 16 pounds heavier last year and his frame took a beating his rookie year.

Howell could be a back-up. He'll never be a starter, but he could come off the bench for a good team.

Back