• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - That was great.

Mavs fans should rejoice. Muscala might be one of the bigger steals in the draft. Dude has to get stronger, but he's an outstanding player.

I honestly don't grasp how Michael Jordan couldn't draft a #4 who plays at least something approaching his style, vs slow white guy style. Cody Zeller looks like a tall 8th grader. He's going to get eaten up down low and he'll drift away from the block.

Or at least trade down to get him!!

Do all of us really know more about hoops than MJ?

Can you believe the Bobcats took the most productive big man in major conference college basketball over the kid with the torn ACL and no offensive game and the kid that didn't make the All-ACC third team!?!

(Come on, people. How is the Zeller pick a stretch? He has as much or better chance to be an effective NBA player as anyone in this draft. This was a solid pick by Cho, IMO. I think Zeller will silence the doubters.)

Mavs fans should rejoice. Muscala might be one of the bigger steals in the draft. Dude has to get stronger, but he's an outstanding player.

He's part of the first round trade.

Why are the Sixers cornering the market on PGs? They took MCW, Wolters and Pierre Jackson.

I honestly think he could end up better than that stiff Adams at 12.

Easily. I mean, I actually have no idea why he wasn't a top-20 pick. He's a great athlete with great size. He's really skilled inside and surprisingly skilled with his face-up game. It's just that he's a bit skinny. Nothing that a year of lifting weights can't fix, though.

I moved on from beer to scotch, so I might be hyperbolizing a lot, but Muscala is really good at basketball.

Easily. I mean, I actually have no idea why he wasn't a top-20 pick. He's a great athlete with great size. He's really skilled inside and surprisingly skilled with his face-up game. It's just that he's a bit skinny. Nothing that a year of lifting weights can't fix, though.

I moved on from beer to scotch, so I might be hyperbolizing a lot, but Muscala is really good at basketball.

Adams is far far from a stiff. That kid will be a steal in 3 years. Just super raw and needs some experience.

Can you believe the Bobcats took the most productive big man in major conference college basketball over the kid with the torn ACL and no offensive game and the kid that didn't make the All-ACC third team!?!

(Come on, people. How is the Zeller pick a stretch? He has as much or better chance to be an effective NBA player as anyone in this draft. This was a solid pick by Cho, IMO. I think Zeller will silence the doubters.)

I just think there was little demand for Zeller there. The way the first three picks went, with Len and Noel still on the board, Bobcats could have traded down. There was still much demand for Len/Noel. If you want Zeller, grab him later and see what else you can come up with.

It's extremely ironic too me that Zo (best available) and CJL (2nd best available) just made the same highlight of a guy who got drafted ahead of them where in which they misplayed a screen set for a shooter.

Another great pick for a miserable franchise. THAT'S HOW YOU GET DA-WHITE TO STAY.

Also, the strategy was set up perfectly for the Bobcats to grab Noel and let him heal, still playing terribly, getting a good pick in 14, and then having a healthy Noel. And the Bobcats passed on this strategy that had fallen into their laps. It's like they're really stubborn and just sticking with their guy, regardless of how the draft was unfolding.

I just think there was little demand for Zeller there. The way the first three picks went, with Len and Noel still on the board, Bobcats could have traded down. There was still much demand for Len/Noel. If you want Zeller, grab him later and see what else you can come up with.

This. It just represents a misunderstanding of draft strategy.

Adams is far far from a stiff. That kid will be a steal in 3 years. Just super raw and needs some experience.

We'll see. I don't think he's a stiff, but I'd feel OK putting $5 on Muscala having a better career.

Back