• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - That was great.

No one has to worry about the Horcats winning too many games next year after this Zeller pick. Methinks we'll have about as many ping pong balls as anyone again next year. #Wiggins #LastHope #Hornets #NewCommish #NewLuck #NoMoreBobcats

Oh come on, man. Name the 2013 draftee that was going to affect the Horncat's 2014 ping-pong ball count. Which guy that they passed on was good for 10-12 more wins?

So, was this the worst possible trade scenario for Boston? A terrible contract and 3 worthless draft picks.

Also, If Proko doesn't give two shits about the lux tax or money in general... this move is fine for the Nets. Who cares if they retire in two years? They'll just find other players to spend the money on that other teams don't want to pay. He is the first owner where it truly appears money has zero influence on any decision. This isn't the NFL, 3 late round picks isn't all that great AND the Celts took on Gerald Wallace's abomination of a contract.

What is the name of the next Wake Forest Demon Deacon to be named on draft night?

Oh come on, man. Name the 2013 draftee that was going to affect the Horncat's 2014 ping-pong ball count. Which guy that they passed on was good for 10-12 more wins?

No one, that was just a response to DeacDaddy that the Zeller pick was a double and would possibly hurt our Wiggins sweepstakes while we could have stashed Nerlens. I'm going to withold judgment on Zeller, my feelings are well known, but regardless even the biggest Zeller optimist isn't saying he will drastically influence our win-loss in year 1.

Also, If Proko doesn't give two shits about the lux tax or money in general... this move is fine for the Nets. Who cares if they retire in two years? They'll just find other players to spend the money on that other teams don't want to pay. He is the first owner where it truly appears money has zero influence on any decision. This isn't the NFL, 3 late round picks isn't all that great AND the Celts took on Gerald Wallace's abomination of a contract.

Oh he doesn't. He laughs at your puny American luxury tax

Does CJ Harris make a summer league roster for a game or two? He has the skills and with better players around, he could prove useful

CJ Leslie's fate as a 3/4 tweener does not bode well for Travis. And CJ is athletic as hell.

Good point.

I'll say Devin for now, but I think he's a late 2nd at best unless he gets taller and makes major improvements. He's got "good college player" written all over him.

CJ Leslie's fate as a 3/4 tweener does not bode well for Travis. And CJ is athletic as hell.

I know...

In a related thought, Calipari offered Leslie and Terrance Jones at the same time for a single spot. I bet Leslie would be in the NBA already had he gone to UK

ok you guys need to calm down on Noel. no one wanted him for a reason. he's an injury prone, weak ass defensive 5 who can't score. period. just because draft experts thought he should go #1 doesn't mean shit. he never should have been considered the best player in this draft and it showed tonight.

So, was this the worst possible trade scenario for Boston? A terrible contract and 3 worthless draft picks.
3 worthless picks? How the hell do you know what the Nets will be in 3 or 4 years? Garnett and Pierce will be retired, Deron and/or Johnson will also likely be out the door. 2016 and 2018 have the potential to be lottery picks. For a 35 and 37 year old, shit, I'll take that trade in a heartbeat. And yeah, Wallace's contract sucks, but the Celtics are gonna be fielding a lot of rookie/smaller contracts the next 2 or 3 seasons. Celts are thinking long term and I can dig it. Now, if they go out and sign Josh Smith, then I don't know what the hell their plan is.

It's a fine trade. Nets want to go for it now (it won't happen with that core) and Boston will wait to rebuild (nothing guaranteed).

also the C's shed the Terry contract, which wasn't as bad, but it lessens the blow of Gerald Wallace.

The State board still knows when BMFD takes his morning dump, they must know what team led Leslie to his "we aren't doing anymore workouts" with a smile speech.

Back