• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - That was great.

A [Redacted]-coached game may be more watchable than a battle of bottom 5 NBA teams next season. It's gonna be an all-out shitshow.

Besides Wiggins, what is the general consensus of likely 1-5 picks next year?

I'll say Devin for now, but I think he's a late 2nd at best unless he gets taller and makes major improvements. He's got "good college player" written all over him.

BILL MOTO, future first rounder.

This is what blind fanhood reads like.

pg 41, posted at 12:04 pm this afternoon:

Interesting, Roll. Because I woke up this morning convinced that everyone is totally over-thinking Zeller, that he might end up as the best pro is this draft, and that the Horncats need to get him somehow. I think he'll develop a 20 footer and be extremely effective for a long time. Smart, winning-program pedigree, professional family, big, skilled, runs the floor, extremely high character, athletic. What's not to like? So he got rejected a bunch in college playing out of position at the 5. Move him to the 4 and let him use his athleticism and speed. What does Chris Bosh do that Cody Zeller can't develop? And his game would fit perfectly next to Biyombo as a stretch 4, better even than Len. I'm 90% sold on the idea. (Of course, if the Horncats draft any of the 6 top-tier guys, excepting Porter, I can see the argument for each as well. What a crazy draft.)

Bottom line, I think you can make a strong argument for Zeller being the 4th pick in this draft. I'm praying Oladipo slips by Orlando, so that the Cats can pull the trigger on that Minny trade and bag Williams, Zeller, and a shooter at 26.

A [Redacted]-coached game may be more watchable than a battle of bottom 5 NBA teams next season. It's gonna be an all-out shitshow.

If the Celtics are really serious they should hire [Redacted]. He'll get them that #1 pick.

Last edited:
People already saying 2014 maybe better than the 2003 draft.... it's a game though, avoid the Darko.

I'm all for the Celtics bringing in Jeffrey [Redacted] next season to help with the tank job. It'll be a win-win for both of my teams.

ETA: TBR, damn, you stole my line! Great minds think alike.

Philly just crushed it today. If you're looking to rebuild, that's how you do it. They come out with a ton of talent and are still ensured a decent lotto pick next year.

Besides Wiggins, what is the general consensus of likely 1-5 picks next year?

2. Jabari Parker
3. Julius Randle
4. Marcus Smart
5. Andrew Harrison

Or Mitch McGary, James McAdoo, Aaron Gordon, Joel Embiid, Jabari Parker,

Go back to back to page 38 or so and start reading. I've been advocating for Zeller over the other two bigs all day. Fact.

Sure. That doesn't mean that "Of the Zeller, Len, and Noel, I'll bet on Zeller having the best NBA career without blinking" isn't (likely to be) your Jaybone JET/Tracy McGrady moment.

I get blind fanhood. I talked myself into Dan Dickau many moons ago, and then four years later, something named Quincy Douby.

Your Zeller love is blind fanhood at its finest. You're owning it, which I respect. He's going to suck, but I respect you owning it.

I think we have found a new role for Buzz. He's the man NBA teams look to when they're looking to tank the upcoming season.

Sure. That doesn't mean that "Of the Zeller, Len, and Noel, I'll bet on Zeller having the best NBA career without blinking" isn't (likely to be) your Jaybone JET/Tracy McGrady moment.

I get blind fanhood. I talked myself into Dan Dickau many moons ago, and then four years later, something named Quincy Douby.

Your Zeller love is blind fanhood at its finest. You're owning it, which I respect. He's going to suck, but I respect you owning it.

That makes no sense. I liked one flawed big man prospect over two other flawed big men prospects.

Blind fanhood implies that I'll support whatever the team does. However, before they drafted tonight I wanted them to draft Zeller. That's not "blind," that's my opinion on their best option. Or "I'd like this outcome based on my reasoning, even though I have no real expectation it will happen." You should have seen my face as Noel and Len slipped to the Cats. Terror. The horror of them possibly drafting an ACL injured guy who can't score, or a center who Wake dominated. Then imagine my relief when Stern said Zeller, despite everyone else hating the pick.

Critique all you want, but get it right. There was nothing blind about my liking Zeller before they picked him. Ask me how I feel about passing on Leonard to draft Kemba.

^So when does the #JordanOUT billboard go up in Charlotte?

That makes no sense. I liked one flawed big man prospect over two other flawed big men prospects.

Blind fanhood implies that I'll support whatever the team does. However, before they drafted tonight I wanted them to draft Zeller. That's not "blind," that's my opinion on their best option. Or "I'd like this outcome based on my reasoning, even though I have no real expectation it will happen." You should have seen my face as Noel and Len slipped to the Cats. Terror. The horror of them possibly drafting an ACL injured guy who can't score, or a center who Wake dominated. Then imagine my relief when Stern said Zeller, despite everyone else hating the pick.

Critique all you want, but get it right. There was nothing blind about my liking Zeller before they picked him. Ask me how I feel about passing on Leonard to draft Kemba.

You talked yourself into the terrible pick before they even selected him. It's called battered fan syndrome. Separate from blind fanhood, but they can co-exist.

Good luck. There's (probably) therapy for this.

You talked yourself into the terrible pick before they even selected him. It's called battered fan syndrome. Separate from blind fanhood, but they can co-exist.

Good luck. There's (probably) therapy for this.

Okay, good then. You've dropped your original incorrect statement. Call my opinion just plain dumb all you want---there's a huge chance you're correct. I just happen to like Zeller way more than either Len or Noel, regardless of who drafted any of them. Is there a shrugging emoticon?

Also, any time you can spare your "I know exactly what the future holds based on this evening's draft" device, I'd love a turn. Must be pretty useful.

Back