• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014 Ryder Cup Thread

Speaking of Ian Poulter, I've always thought that as far as his attitude, cockiness & approach to the game goes, Poulter is pretty much a "Lanny Wadkins Clone". I would think that anyone who liked Lanny would appreciate Poulter, because they are so much alike.

Wait, what? What fucking universe do you live in? Poulter=Wadkins?

Isn't there a drug test you should be failing somewhere?

Wouldn't be a Ryder Cup without the entire board being all blue flags at some point in the tournament

Alternate shot is always a killer for us (or seems like it). Id honestly be happy with just 1 point in these afternoon matches.

Reed and Spieth said they lobbied Watson to play this afternoon and were upset that they were benched, but "understood."

Wow, Sergio just hit a drive that may have went 50 yards. It duck hooked that hard

Expected a better showing from the Kuchar/furyk pairing. early but still

Anybody else having difficulty with the live webcast? I keep getting 2012 highlights and even those are jumping and skipping around.

I wasn't trying to compare the career of the two guys. Never said a word about that in my post. Obviously, Lanny was much, much better. I just said that the two of them were very much alike as far as their attitude, cockiness & approach to the game.

As usual, some people take my posts, leave out what they want to leave out, and either cherry-pick one small part of a longer post or completely change the focus of what I was saying in a shorter post....then respond to what they concocted rather than to what I actually said in my post. Nothing new there.

ETA: Just saw 94's reply. He's a poster boy for what I was talking about here.

I'll send you some nails for your cross. In no way is there anything similar to Lanny's attitude, cockiness, and approach to the game in Ian Poulter. No cherry-picking going on here. In fact, I'm specifically addressing your fucked up idea with your own words. It was a fucked up notion. Just suck it up and move on.

Especially with their first match being a grind that went 18. If they had romped, I could maybe see it, but just hard to justify in this scenario.

Has there ever been a Ryder Cup where we made more long putts than them?

Back